• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#301 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Good call tho ill start another cuervo thread (kinda embarrassing to say that)

#302 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

I would say stay away from the don fulano 110 proof. I think it tastes like hairspray cleaner

#303 *45*

*45*

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,834 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

I would say stay away from the don fulano 110 proof. I think it tastes like hairspray cleaner

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: hahahaha!!!

http://www.blueagave...asting/?p=28064

but I will say, that the recent tasting I've had of the DF 100 (not 110) have been much more enjoyable  :t_up:

#304 CN5

CN5

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I had one pour of the DF 100 proof at 400 Conejos in GDL and thought it was pretty tastey! It's on the "Tequilas to get" list.

#305 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hmm lemme give it another try as i was a little sick when tasting it before, maybe i was unable to detect the tasty parta if it

#306 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Tried the df 110 again last night an liked it sorry i gave it a bad rview when i wa sick. However i also tried the trader joes distinqt reposado, an it tasted pretty good but gave me a nasty headache the next day all day. D^oh!

#307 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

I had a small pour of the 100 proof "Fuerte" yesterday, and I didn't care for it at all. Very medicinal on the finish.

#308 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

I was out looking in out of the way liquor stores and came across a litre of 30 30 blanco that looked like it was an older bottle. I asked how much it was and tge guy said 14.99... seemed like a reasonable deal for a litre so I bought it. I have had 30 30 before and thought I recalled it to be a solid middle tier tequila in the bargain to mid rang price point. Got home and found out the label has a retro look but is a recent import. It is horrible. No agave detected at all. If there is agave present it was washed out by the horrible medecinal and industrial waste notes that linger on the finish well beyond any natural bad taste should remain. wasn't any better in a marg but the nasty taste didn't last as long. Highly recommend avoiding the new 30 30 blanco.

#309 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Good to know about this new offering! But more important! Good to see you post here brother!! It's been a while since we have heard from you amigo! Salud

#310 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Good to know about this new offering! But more important! Good to see you post here brother!! It's been a while since we have heard from you amigo! Salud

Yup been way too long! I need to head down to Diego one of these days and go treasure hunting like the old days!!!! Might make the Lobster busbthis year if tge creek don't rise LOL

#311 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yup been way too long! I need to head down to Diego one of these days and go treasure hunting like the old days!!!! Might make the Lobster busbthis year if tge creek don't rise LOL

Iron Chef?!?! 

Wow...good to see you posting here! 

#312 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Yes! That would be great!!!! Tim! You do need to make it down here to Sun Diego and do a little hunting 😉👍
It would be awesome if you can make it to this years LB! See soon, of course, if the creek doesn't rise 😳
Salud
P

#313 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Good to know about the 30 30 Tim.  Definitely an fan of the older offering for many reasons.  Even better to hear from you.  Make it to LB this year.  I'll buy you a couple of pops if we can find something worthy to imbibe.

#314 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Good to know about the 30 30 Tim.  Definitely an fan of the older offering for many reasons.  Even better to hear from you.  Make it to LB this year.  I'll buy you a couple of pops if we can find something worthy to imbibe.

...and the next round would be on me.  Would be great to you see you!

#315 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

I was out looking in out of the way liquor stores and came across a litre of 30 30 blanco that looked like it was an older bottle. I asked how much it was and tge guy said 14.99... seemed like a reasonable deal for a litre so I bought it. I have had 30 30 before and thought I recalled it to be a solid middle tier tequila in the bargain to mid rang price point. Got home and found out the label has a retro look but is a recent import. It is horrible. No agave detected at all. If there is agave present it was washed out by the horrible medecinal and industrial waste notes that linger on the finish well beyond any natural bad taste should remain. wasn't any better in a marg but the nasty taste didn't last as long. Highly recommend avoiding the new 30 30 blanco.

agree. the only 30-30 I've found in these parts is the older blancos with the rifle on the front label. great stuff IMHO