Batch Size: 
Alcohol by Volume: 47%

Fermentation date: ?

Bottle #: n/a

Lot: DMRL4117

Closure: Real cork
Bottle: 750mL stout, clear bottle
Agave: Organic agave Durangensis

Visual: Water-clear, no sediment. Some fleeting pearls. Legs are thin.

Nose: 

Gruyere, a bit of glue maybe, but with the smokiness it also reminds me of smoked summer sausage. Some wet clay tile and slaked lime as it opens. 

Body/Taste: 

Body is light, with a bit of burn at the back. Some vegetal grassiness up front; reminds me of nopales, actually. A little astringency toward the finish, with a slightly puckery aftertaste.

Overall Impression: It's a good mezcal. Doesn't taste mass-produced, but doesn't have the vibrancy of a lot of small batch artesanals, either. Kudos for fair trade and organic designations. This is not a mezcal I would seek out again, but would definitely pick up another bottle at the airport for day to day sipping.

#2 bullitt

bullitt

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

Nice to see a post on here. Thanks for the review. Have yet to try this brand. Some are quite expensive. Thankfully I will be able to sample all I want of their line and many others at the first such event close enough to me to make it possible. Mexico In A Bottle in Washington D.C. I am looking forward to and expecting to sample 15 to 20 brands of mezcal for the first time.