• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

Last night I decided to visit a known liquor store in my hometown that's full of treasure bottles. I've scored numerous Chinaco Denton Anejo/Repo, Herradura 1996 Repo, Ley .925 Repo and many rare Pierre Ferrand Cognac. When I arrived, I opened their front door and immediately noticed everything had been changed. New floors, new shelving and the register counter was on the other side of the space. Once I found the tequila section it became clear that all of the remaining treasure bottles were gone. I walked up to the register counter and commented to the employee that things look very different. She told me "the new owner remodeled the store and replaced the old inventory with all new products"...................................     

#2 Ralph16

Ralph16

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

So did they throw away the old stock?

#3 carssausage

carssausage

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

I ran across a similar situation not to long ago at a local liquor store that had a few old and dusty's on the shleves including early Casa Noble, Porfidio Rey sol and Don Fernando amongst others. When I walk into the store, the whole place has been re-aranged and no more old and dusty bottles, so I ask the cashier (new guy) why they re-aranged everything? He answer that the store had been boght out by a new owner. Then I asked what happend to the old bottlesthat where behind the counter? The cashier had no clue as to what bottles or what happend to them.

#4 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

I didn't ask her what happened to the old bottles but I assume they were tossed in the dumpster during the renovation. I had spoken to the previous owner several times; he had no clue what a 'treasure' bottle was...most don't. To them it's old, worthless inventory that never sold.