• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 squeegeedog

squeegeedog

Newcomer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Need advice on where to go to sell my bottle. can I ship?.. and in today's market what price point should it be at..?. I picked this up years ago after millennium obviously... I unfortunately DO NOT have original paperwork ugh.(I know it's SOMEWHERE) :headbutt:  lol..... I do have the blue porcelain case and cactus bottle stop it came with... stored on its side for the last 14 years... bottle is numbered on back and is unopened... any advice would be appreciated... thanks all...

Attached File  20150126_151812.jpg   165.27KB   1 downloads

Attached File  20150126_151841.jpg   121.55KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20150126_152445.jpg   168.99KB   0 downloads

#2 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

Tequila Trader page on Facebook. Buyer would probably have to be a true Porfidio collector for this one. Good starting point would probably be $1000. minimum. Opinions that I have heard are that the juice is not exactly life changing as far as a drinker so it is probably more of a collectible at that price range. Just my opinion.
  • squeegeedog likes this

#3 carssausage

carssausage

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

Very nice specimen, unfortunately as previously mentioned not life changer like the old Porfidio Single barrel añejo and as stated on the label itself it is a mixto 51% agave 49% manzana (apple). Storing a tequila bottle on its side is not recommended because of the higher alcohol content in tequila unlike wine it will deteriorate the cork and may affect the tequila flavor.

As for selling it, there are not many places out there, the one perfect venue (eBay) does not allow the sale of alcohol anymore so as to what is left well here on the forum or Tequila Trader Group page.

Pricing and value is very subjective to the interest of the buyer and not necessarily the seller, since the item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I have seen these sale for as low as $500.00 and the sky is the limit.

I know of someone who would love to buy the ceramic canister and assuming you will not break this set that person should have no issue buying it. PM me for further info.

#4 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

Very nice bottle, and canister! Hopefully it makes its way to Tequila Trader! ✌️
Salud

#5 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

I would love for this to be my first Porfidio bottle in my collection but I'm just not ready to pay the hefty price tag that it comes with. :(