• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ian Chadwick

Ian Chadwick

Administrator

• Admin/Sysop
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Any suggestions for the best of what's available on the LCBO shelves? Want to buy myself a bottle for Xmas... anything new I should look for?

#2 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 554 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

the IXA blanco and Dulce Vidas aren't bad choices IMHO. Doesn't LCBO carry the tahona juice Olmeca Altos? Just browsing the LCBO website noticed Tres Alegres Compadres blnaco from NOM1137...at least you can try the Tromba. I was curious and went on the www.saq.com Tezon & El Tesoro de Don Felipe in Quebec albeit at premium prices :S

#3 Ian Chadwick

Ian Chadwick

Administrator

• Admin/Sysop
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

There's an Espolon blanco and reposado at the local LCBO...

#4 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

There's an Espolon blanco and reposado at the local LCBO...

wow $42.25 for both the blanco & reposado... sometimes you can find the Espolon Reposado MX versions "El Colorado"  and "El Marañon" for like $5-9 USD down here. I prefer the El Marañon offering over the El Colorado. The bourbon flavors add that little more with the El Marañon. El Colorado is similar to the current US Export version (assuming Canada) but to me is a little mweh... as a sipper but great value if found at the right price or in a pinch. Still find the older taller round old paper labels down here once in a while which are superior. again YMMV

#5 Noah

Noah

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

I know Christmas is over, but there are a small number of Chamucos reposados floating around in the LCBO.  I picked one up at Danforth and Vic Park.  Haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things.  Bottle is gorgeous at the very least. 

#6 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

I personally really like their Repo and agree, cool labeling.