• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Found this bottle of Espadin Especial today. I'm in between this or Tobala. From I've been able to gather I believe this was a one time limited release of 330 bottles. Has anyone tasted this before? Any thoughts on the taste??

#2 *45*

*45*

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,834 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I hope that more than just one batch is going to be released, because I love it!  :wub:

#3 gabe

gabe

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Tobala and Espandin Especial are made by the same producer. Both are excellent; if you're new to mezcal, Tobala is probably a little more accessible.

#4 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Tobala and Espandin Especial are made by the same producer. Both are excellent; if you're new to mezcal, Tobala is probably a little more accessible.

Thanks gabe.  :t_up:

#5 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

BTW, Do you know if this was in fact a one time limited release?? Or do they plan on a permanent production of Espadin Especial?

#6 gabe

gabe

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

I have no idea. Hopefully they'll make more when the first batch runs out.

#7 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

K&L are out of stock - it is really stellar stuff - that Tobala palenque must be amazing

#8 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thought I'd share this. Here are the two productions of Espadin Especial. First production of 330 bottles. The second production still awaiting a response. It is in fact a limited production due to the fact that it is produced by the same palenque as the Tobala. That same palenque will also be producing the new soon to be released Wild Tepextate. 

Attached Files

#9 DelMagueyMezcal

DelMagueyMezcal

Newcomer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

New (limited) shipment of Espadin Especial arriving in California soon- along with the San Luis del Rio Azul and the very limited Wild Tepextate (from same producer of Tobala and Espadin Especial) and San Jose rio Minas.

#10 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Oooh, good news! I think I need a bottle of the Especial, and the Wild Tepextate sounds very intriguing as well.

#11 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

New (limited) shipment of Espadin Especial arriving in California soon- along with the San Luis del Rio Azul and the very limited Wild Tepextate (from same producer of Tobala and Espadin Especial) and San Jose rio Minas.

AWESOME!!!  :t_up:  :t_up:  :t_up: