• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mgrasso911

mgrasso911

Newcomer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

The Ohio Tequila Festival is the second annual tequila celebration in Ohio brought to you by Zocalo Mexican Grill and Tequileria. The festival will take place May 2, 2013 from 5 to 10pm. Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, the tequila festival will offer all night tequila samplings, scrumptious hors d'oeuvres, live entertainment and educational workshops.

Ohio ranks no. 6 in the nation in terms of tequila consumption. If that's not a reason to celebrate, then we don't know what is. Tequila is of course the fastest growing spirit and the Ohio Tequila Festival is a tribute to the rich and colorful history of tequila and of the spirits’ present and future significance.  Americans are gaining an appreciation for premium tequila and this festival will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to sip and savor a variety of premium tequilas. The festival is a tribute to Ohio as well, as a number of local businesses and talents will be on hand participating fully in the festival.

For more information, check out: www.ZocaloCleveland.com. 21 years of age to enter. Proof of age is required. Remember to drink responsibly. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  Logo.jpg   23.48KB   2 downloads

#2 *45*

*45*

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,834 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

Looks like you guys over at www.ZocaloCleveland.com, have a decent tequila list, but I'm surprised that your sell and serve "mixtos".  I understand that its cheap, but we really need to be educating everyone and get that stuff of the market.

• mgrasso911 likes this

#3 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Looks like you guys over at www.ZocaloCleveland.com, have a decent tequila list, but I'm surprised that your sell and serve "mixtos".  I understand that its cheap, but we really need to be educating everyone and get that stuff of the market.

hey *45* is Suavecito Tequila Blanco considered a mixto or tequila infused liqeuer? on twitter their handler & website is adamant their product was a 100% Agave tequila even though it is sold in the US at 35% Abv. cheers

#4 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

hey *45* is Suavecito Tequila Blanco considered a mixto or tequila infused liqeuer? on twitter their handler & website is adamant their product was a 100% Agave tequila even though it is sold in the US at 35% Abv. cheers

Hmmmm. I do not know. Let me check...

#5 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

hey *45* is Suavecito Tequila Blanco considered a mixto or tequila infused liqeuer? on twitter their handler & website is adamant their product was a 100% Agave tequila even though it is sold in the US at 35% Abv. cheers

I don't know what kind of honey-ass jive is going on with that company, as they say they only distill one time (obviously column still), but I had a repo from that distillery last Wednesday, that was quite tasty!!!

#6 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

I don't know what kind of honey-ass jive is going on with that company, as they say they only distill one time (obviously column still), but I had a repo from that distillery last Wednesday, that was quite tasty!!!

lol yeah well this brand seems fishy but hey as long as the juice is good... :fiesta:

#7 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

bored today and was looking for contact info so I could ask directly about this brand instead of Facebook & Twitter - spent some time looking on line for info on this Sauvecito brand - the guy who claims to own it on Linkedin has 2 shell LLCs that shares a building in Mentor,OH with a bunch of other LLCs located at the same address. Then on the http://www.suavecitotequila.com/ it states "The Suavecito name, logo, bottle design and website content are copyright © 2011, Blue Agave Importers, Inc." So there really is no phone # or email anywhere to contact this brand other than through Facebook & Twitter. This just doesn´t seem above board IMHO - heck I´ve lived in Culiacan for a year & feel like I can spot something not right... just came away scratching my head wondering why this brand is shrouded in mystery & who really owns it... :headbutt:

#8 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

bored today and was looking for contact info so I could ask directly about this brand instead of Facebook & Twitter - spent some time looking on line for info on this Sauvecito brand - the guy who claims to own it on Linkedin has 2 shell LLCs that shares a building in Mentor,OH with a bunch of other LLCs located at the same address. Then on the http://www.suavecitotequila.com/ it states "The Suavecito name, logo, bottle design and website content are copyright © 2011, Blue Agave Importers, Inc." So there really is no phone # or email anywhere to contact this brand other than through Facebook & Twitter. This just doesn´t seem above board IMHO - heck I´ve lived in Culiacan for a year & feel like I can spot something not right... just came away scratching my head wondering why this brand is shrouded in mystery & who really owns it... :headbutt:

maybe they have something other than "tequila" in those bottles LOL!!!!

#9 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

maybe they have something other than "tequila" in those bottles LOL!!!!

lol... uhm perhaps...  but doubt it could of have been that easy to stumble upon by just googling :fire1: who knows was shocked to here this "Yes because of the agave Nectar added which is only 2% we just had to label tequila w agave nectar added" how do they get away with this with the CRT? guess branding it "100% authentic tequila" on its website is not technically calling it "100% Agave Tequila" or "Tequila 100% pure agave" but can see how it portrays itself as one...cheers *45*

#10 mgrasso911

mgrasso911

Newcomer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

It's listed as a 100% officially, somehow the guys got it listed even though it has agave nectar in it.  Overall it's doing well as a silver, the Anejo should be in soon and it's actually pretty good stuff.  As for the Mixto's here we are going only 100% agaves in all our drinks starting in April, unfortunately I still keep 2 or 3 cheap mixtos for some of the younger guys going to games and stuff.  Hope to see you in some time.

#11 Jen

Jen

Newcomer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Regarding Suavecito Tequila, I know its owned by Blue Agave Importers and one of the owning entities and operator is a Co called SIMG Group. The stuff is amazing and is really popular all around Cleveland area. People are going crazy for it!!!! Not sure if its in any other states yet?

#12 ryan79

ryan79

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Regarding Suavecito Tequila, I know its owned by Blue Agave Importers and one of the owning entities and operator is a Co called SIMG Group. The stuff is amazing and is really popular all around Cleveland area. People are going crazy for it!!!! Not sure if its in any other states yet?

Interesting, I've never seen it around here. What area of CLE are people going so crazy for it?

#13 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

Wow, I'm having a "Vida" deja vu flashback.  Sorry guys, that one goes back a ways.

#14 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wow, I'm having a "Vida" deja vu flashback. Sorry guys, that one goes back a ways.

Whaaawhaaaatttt?

#15 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Search "Vida".  No free lunches here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tequila, festivasl, cleveland