• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 stralim

stralim

Newcomer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

My name is Jennifer from Boulder, Co and I am interested in learning more about the healing effects of agave and tequila. I want to make a tincture using agave glycerin. But I am not sure it even exist. Does anyone have any info?

#2 *45*

*45*

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Agave glycerin??? Never heard of such a thing. What kind of tincture are you looking to make?

#3 *45*

*45*

• 1,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Oh, and hey, welcome 😃
  • stralim likes this

#4 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Whoa this is crazy let us know

#5 stralim

stralim

Newcomer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Well, you know how we have vegetable glycerin for making tinctures but I am more interested in an agave glycerin or want to develop it. My sleepy tinctures are to assist with calming the mind and to be taken for a good nights sleep. Does anyone know who I can contact to find more resources?

#6 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Well, you know how we have vegetable glycerin for making tinctures but I am more interested in an agave glycerin or want to develop it. My sleepy tinctures are to assist with calming the mind and to be taken for a good nights sleep. Does anyone know who I can contact to find more resources?

Sounds interesting! Welcome to the BAF

#7 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

My name is Jennifer from Boulder, Co and I am interested in learning more about the healing effects of agave and tequila. I want to make a tincture using agave glycerin. But I am not sure it even exist. Does anyone have any info?

#8 *45*

*45*

• 1,831 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

after doing some research, I can tell you that no one is making a glycerin from agave.  well ok, maybe there is, but it would be in the development stage if that were the case.

there are a lot of tequilas on the market that take shortcuts in their production process then cheat by adding glycerin as a way to make their product "sweet and smooth" for the American palate.  I don't know what kind of glycerin it is. 

now, making glycerin from agave wont be easy.  the only oils are going to be in the pencas (leaves of the agave), and the good news is that part of the agave will be cheap.  but since most everyone leaves the pencas in the fields after harvest, you will need someone to pick them up for you. but for experimentation and development right now, you could find an agave that is close to you and cut a penca off, and experiment with it.  make sure that the penca is at least 1" thick and 6" wide.

hope this helps.  keep us informed with your progress!

• stralim likes this

#9 stralim

stralim

Newcomer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thank you Transcendent Agave Master! You have inspired me.

#10 *45*

*45*

• 1,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Awesome, well I hope I helped to get you on the right path :D

#11 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I would try Sisal agave or even the cheaper Henequen agave as a raw resource for your project, probably cheaper and easier to source.

Please excuse my above post, the forum was just upgraded and I was having problems typing and sort of reply.