• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tequila Tourist

Tequila Tourist

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Has anyone had it?  My parents just got back from Mexico and bought me two bottles (I gave them a list of things not avaialble here).  They bought the anejo and the XA Special Edition. 

5316910836_d4943392a6.jpg

The XA is pictured above.  I know it's Casa Cuervo, but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it. 

#2 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I remember reading a TasteTequila mention of Maestro Anejo - so when a buddy down here dropped $450MX pesos on it I was eager to try it when we met up a couple of months ago - herbal, bitter and that JC chemical thing going on - yeah it could be a bad bottle but my patience with NOM1122 is waning - when I got home that night had to pour a glass of JCA NOM1104 - again YMMV

#3 Tequila Tourist

Tequila Tourist

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I remember reading a TasteTequila mention of Maestro Anejo - so when a buddy down here dropped $450MX pesos on it I was eager to try it when we met up a couple of months ago - herbal, bitter and that JC chemical thing going on - yeah it could be a bad bottle but my patience with NOM1122 is waning - when I got home that night had to pour a glass of JCA NOM1104 - again YMMV

Thanks.  I've read mixed reviews on it and was hoping that it would be OK.  I'm really interested in the XA, but I suppose I'll just have to open it.  There's at least some Cuervo offerings that I like (Maestro Dobel, GC, JCRdF)...I can't really say the same for Sauza.

Edited by Tequila Tourist, 24 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#4 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Picked up the Maestro Repo back in 2003 (ish) from Cuervo La Tienda when I think it first was introduced. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was back then.  I  have a unopened bottle that I brought back. The quality has since waned as expected but the original intro was pretty good, specially for the price point. The bottle I have has a 2002 halogram sticker on it but the bottling date says 2003, nom 1122....interesting.  The packaging is real wood compared to the current pressed wood. I can post pics if anyone is interested.  

#5 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I saw these Maestro Tequilero bottles at the airport in Guadalajara last year....was really more interested in buying a set for collectible purposes than to drink. Are any of these still available for sale? Anywhere?

#6 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Tequila4me - saw them at Guadalajara airport duty free this past summer & in the Mexico Df airport duty free although that was in Jan/2012

#7 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Tequila4me - saw them at Guadalajara airport duty free this past summer & in the Mexico Df airport duty free although that was in Jan/2012

#8 RJC5XTC

RJC5XTC

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I got a bottle of the anejo and reposado 3 or so years ago and have tried the anejo.  I found it acceptable, but not overwhelming - sorry but I don't recall any specifics other that is was sippable.

Robert

#9 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

that is the second time nbsp has been used in this forum with a day - yeah serious I remember looking at these bottles - which weren´t cheap btw - that was what made me go mweh it´s NOM1122 - and walk away - this was in MX Df Dufry Duty Free shops Jan/2012. Guadalajara this past Sept/2012 remember seeing these exact colored bottles but I was in a rush to connect with my flight (this airport is muy loco btw) ... NBS Tequila4me

#10 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Attached File  MTXA.jpg   149.33KB   8 downloads

after all this talk about this brand - stumbled upon a few bottles at the local Vinoteca here - never really noticed the price at the Dufry duty free but it´s going for a cool $2000MX peso :S - sorry also posted this in the FB 100% group

#11 becki

becki

Newcomer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Can you buy it in the United States at all?  not the special bottles but just the Repasado or the Anejo? I have never seen it in the US but it's not that expensive, if you can get it from Mexico.  

#12 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Mx. only

#13 becki

becki

Newcomer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Really?  that sucks.  Would someone be willing to ship it for me, for pay?

#14 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

I sent you PM