2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hello
Has anyone trie the benesin pechuga? It is $100 which is much cheaper than the dm or other pechugas i have seen. Ive never had a pechuga but hve wanted to try one. Does this one taste as good as others? Thanks

#2 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hello
Has anyone trie the benesin pechuga? It is $100 which is much cheaper than the dm or other pechugas i have seen. Ive never had a pechuga but hve wanted to try one. Does this one taste as good as others? Thanks

didn´t know Benesin even made a Pechuga - why not ever since Del Maguey´s RC brought this traditional product out for the masses albeit a very limited quantity - seems like a lot of brands have jumped on the opportunity to cash in - still remember meeting RC at a Mezcal seminar - true pioneer / trail blazer - the dude is obv doing it for the passion not the $$$ - he is an accomplished artist - heck Dennis Hopper called him a friend - so when he scoffs at other brands like Fidencio bringing out a "true" Pechuga - perhaps we should listen to a "true" artist

that being said I have tried the Pechuga offerings by Pierde Almas,Fidencio, & Del Maguey - would rate 1DM,2PA,3F but YMMV keep in mind that you may get better offerings in mezcal cantinas in Oaxaca or Guadalajara....

#3 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I am intruiged by the pricing of the benesin pechuga because ive heard many say they make good mezcal but im not sure about the pechuga. Hmmm gonna have to wait to pull the trigger on this