6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hey you all
I have been posting alot so I thought I would say hello. I am from California, and I have been into tequila for almost a year. Treasure hunting is where it's at. Shout out to Lippy for getting me on this kick. Gotta get on the show someday! If any of you are in the bay area and want to have a tasting or anything, just holler.

hodaafez!

david

p.s.tequilas I have been lucky enough to have and enjoy are some old oro azuls, 1921 blanco 1079, centinela 3yr, CN aged varieties, and a million bajillion other ones.

pps. right now I am drinking the fidencio clasico mezcal, and although I hated it a year ago, I think this bottle is growing on me. The Don Cuco tradicional sotol was a good drink to have in between getting into mezcal because it is less astringent/rubbery/woodsmoke/ and more of a tint of smoke as well as a bright vegetal crisp green pepper flavor. Smoke fills my nose with this mezcal, but there is a nice sweet cooked flavor as well in there. (the first time I tasted mezcal all I could taste was BANDAID's)

THANKS 4 READIN STAY IN SCHOOL

#2 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

welcome to the BAF some good starts to the Tequila world - Centinela b/r/a are my favs & hoard any older bottles that I find (think I have 30+ bottles mostly 1Ls) - if you like Mezcal do try Del Maguey & Alipus - complexity is an understatement

#3 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I did try the alipus, and was really taken by one of them but i am not entirely sure i remember which one it was. It had a greenish bluish label (it was at the end of the montery tequila expo so my memory is a bit foggy!). From what i can tell, its either the black label or the green one, unless they had a special one.

#4 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I am trippin! It was the mezcalero that i tried and fell in love with that night. The one with the greenish blue label. It was minty and softer

#5 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I had to laugh, and ask what does a Bandaid taste like? :)

#6 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hah! Bandaid isnt a tasting note?

#7 khushivis

khushivis

Newcomer

• Members
  • 3 posts