4 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

http://casamigostequila.com/

Pretty crappy website. Anyone know the NOM?

#2 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

I believe it comes from NOM 1416 Productos Finos de Agave......

#3 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I believe it comes from NOM 1416 Productos Finos de Agave......

first I was thinking a brand with such a celebrity like Clooney could elevate the "sip it don´t shoot" mantra for good 100% puro agave tequila - no hype about 5X distillation, no fricken gold flakes, no big Spirits conglomerate invovled... then it turns out they go and use NOM1416.... ugh. Campo Azul XA is enjoyable - from what I remember, Casa Real was decent - again past tastin notes, Clase Azul - won´t turn down (not that snobby), JLP is good - for the $ point, Avion - my jury is out on this one.

what´s funny is they have been really tight-lipped about this brand - like who is the Master Distiller? - besides just google "tequila" and the first pages of the results is just Casamigos Tequila - who said there is no such thing as free press ?

#4 TEPLimey

TEPLimey

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I picked up a bottle of the blanco at Old Town this weekend and brought it back to NYC. For a "celebrity" tequila, I am very impressed. Based off of the taste, this is obviously a highlands. The blanco has some sweetness to it but does not taste manipulated. Very drinkable and fairly priced at $40. The agave flavor is subtle but there - for those who like a strong agave presence, it will probably fall short. Well balanced with a little bit of spice, but very light on the heat. I would buy again. NOM is 1416.

For those who are interested, the bottle is at Agave on 7th Avenue. I don't know what Jay there is charging for a drink, but I know it is the only bottle in New York.

I also brought Jay back a bottle of Nobleza Anejo which is fantastic - a steal at less than $50 per bottle.

#5 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

I picked up a bottle of the blanco at Old Town this weekend and brought it back to NYC. For a "celebrity" tequila, I am very impressed. Based off of the taste, this is obviously a highlands. The blanco has some sweetness to it but does not taste manipulated. Very drinkable and fairly priced at $40. The agave flavor is subtle but there - for those who like a strong agave presence, it will probably fall short. Well balanced with a little bit of spice, but very light on the heat. I would buy again. NOM is 1416.

For those who are interested, the bottle is at Agave on 7th Avenue. I don't know what Jay there is charging for a drink, but I know it is the only bottle in New York.

I also brought Jay back a bottle of Nobleza Anejo which is fantastic - a steal at less than $50 per bottle.

it does sound a little disappointing - I placed high hopes this would elevate the "sip don´t shoot" mantra of good tequila - the Casamigos web site originally had something about it´s unique distillation process created a tequila that would avoid bad hangovers - this statement has since been removed - then that BevMo was the exclusive seller of this product - apparently not true - will that I still would like to try this brand