6 replies to this topic

#1 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Just joined and thought I'd say "hola"!

I moved to Merida a few months ago for early retirement/long vacation, split my time between here and Canada. Originally from England, that's where my love of football and BSA motorcycles came from.

I've always loved tequila, but after moving here I've discovered I love it even more, the stuff sold in Canada is horrible compared to what I've been getting in Merida!

My small initial collection is only about 12 bottles strong, so any recommendations on what to try next would be appreciated.

Also, I can't find Los Abuelos anywhere in the state of Yucatan. If anyone knows where I can get some PLEASE let me know!

Cheers!

#2 QuintoSol

QuintoSol

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hola LSR- Don't know where in Yucatan you can find Los Abuelos... BUT I do know that you can find it in Quintana Roo... Either in Can Cun or PlayaCar...

I will be in Yucatan (Merida) in early July... maybe I'll run into you :-)

Welcome to the forum!

#3 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

:) I'm heading to Cancun in a couple weeks so I'll have a look there, hopefully it is in stock at the stores.

Thanks for the welcome QuintoSol. Let me know when you will be in Merida and if I'm available perhaps we could meet for a tequila :)

#4 reifer

reifer

• 1,141 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Just joined and thought I'd say "hola"!

I moved to Merida a few months ago for early retirement/long vacation, split my time between here and Canada. Originally from England, that's where my love of football and BSA motorcycles came from.

I've always loved tequila, but after moving here I've discovered I love it even more, the stuff sold in Canada is horrible compared to what I've been getting in Merida!

My small initial collection is only about 12 bottles strong, so any recommendations on what to try next would be appreciated.

Also, I can't find Los Abuelos anywhere in the state of Yucatan. If anyone knows where I can get some PLEASE let me know!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, nice to hear from you
Merida is wonderful. We really like touring around the Yucatan and the Ruta de Maya including stays at the fantastic Haciendas
I live in Puerto Vallarta. Have been here for about 14 years. We sold our US business about 8 years ago.
If I can help with sources inside Mexico, let me know. It's frustrating that some products are only available in the US.
You need to make a trip to Tequila

#5 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Welcome to the forum, nice to hear from you
Merida is wonderful. We really like touring around the Yucatan and the Ruta de Maya including stays at the fantastic Haciendas
I live in Puerto Vallarta. Have been here for about 14 years. We sold our US business about 8 years ago.
If I can help with sources inside Mexico, let me know. It's frustrating that some products are only available in the US.
You need to make a trip to Tequila

:) Nice to hear from you too!
Our 2nd trip to Mexico was a 4 week car tour through a lot of the country. We went SO close to Tequila but didn't have time in the schedule to stop (we were looking for the ideal place to move to). Once or house is built then a tour of Tequila is definately on the agenda!
I've never been to Puerto Vallarta either, but have always been interested in going, I imagine it to be beautiful like most of the rest of the country?

Yes, it is a bit frustrating to hear people talking about some things made here but not available to purchase here. Is Casa Noble available in Mexico as I've never come across it so far?

Cheers!

#6 reifer

reifer

• 1,141 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

If you come to Vallarta let us know

Don't know about Merida but in Vallarta we have several Cofradia "factory stores" and they usually sell Cofradia. You can always have Lirubis ship some to you.

#7 LSR

LSR

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

If you come to Vallarta let us know

Don't know about Merida but in Vallarta we have several Cofradia "factory stores" and they usually sell Cofradia. You can always have Lirubis ship some to you.

Thank you, and please let us know if you come to the Yucatan!

Finally found some Casa Noble 3 hours away, got 2 bottles of the single barrel reposado and 1 of the blanco. I also picked up one of their special edition "horns" for drinking out of and a bottle of agave syrup :)