Los Siete Misterios

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 *45*

*45*

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,834 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

I had the chance to taste a new line of small batch mezcals today by Los Siete Misterios http://sietemisterio...iete-misterios/ similar to the range of products that Los Danzantes is doing, each bottle will let you the type of agave used, the state and region in which it was produced, and the production methods used. they will have 4 types; espadin, tobala, barril, and coyote (a type of americana). I had the espadin and the tobala today. while the tobala is my favorite agave, their espadin was really tasty. I'll get more info later this week.

#2 Guy DeLouche

Guy DeLouche

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Hey 45, have you tried their Arroqueno, and is it worth $90/ a bottle?

#3 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hey 45, have you tried their Arroqueno, and is it worth $90/ a bottle?

nope.  those were the only ones I've tasted.  they do have an extensive line for sale in MX, but I have not seen anything in the LoCal area since the SoM in 2011.

#4 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

nope.  those were the only ones I've tasted.  they do have an extensive line for sale in MX, but I have not seen anything in the LoCal area since the SoM in 2011.

LoCal? Lower California? 

bda

#5 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

LoCal? Lower California?

bda

Yeah. LA always looks down upon San Diego, so it's easy to reference OC and SD ad LoCal.

#6 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 863 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah. LA always looks down upon San Diego, so it's easy to reference OC and SD ad LoCal.

Lol, I like it!

#7 Guy DeLouche

Guy DeLouche

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Doesn't LA look down on everyone? :blink:

#8 QuintoSol

QuintoSol

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

That's it. I have tried several mezcals, with only a few matching the "home-brewed"/"moonshine" I drank in Oaxaca, and they're a bit too expensive for my light wallet. I am moving to Wahaka... or I can procure some of that D'Reyes Liquor... :-)

Apologies for my silly post... I am just a tad bored :-P

• Don Nom likes this

#9 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

That's it. I have tried several mezcals, with only a few matching the "home-brewed"/"moonshine" I drank in Oaxaca, and they're a bit too expensive for my light wallet. I am moving to Wahaka... or I can procure some of that D'Reyes Liquor... :-)

Apologies for my silly post... I am just a tad bored :-P

Hahahahaha!!!

#10 Jaberiman

Jaberiman

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Tht arroqueno is worth the high price id say. Its one of the best ive tried.

#11 Guy DeLouche

Guy DeLouche

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

The Siete Misterios Doba-Yej is available from Andrews Wine Cellar - that's the only place I've found it. It is EXCELLENT. Different from the Arroqueno, but every bit as eye-opening compared to what I normally think of as mezcal: soft, round, fruity, with some honey and citrus blossom floral complexities, and then a lovely 45.4% ABV burn at the end. And a whopper of a bargain at $36.99. I would happily pay twice that price! I may have to order another bottle, because I suspect it's going to go fast. 

This producer has displayed consistent quality; just wish I could find their other bottlings. 

Attached Files

#12 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the tip!  I think I got the last bottle...at least at that price.

#13 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

I bunkered a fair amount of Doba-Yej, in 375ml bottles. Like it, don't love it. Some of their other varietals are amazing (to me), and change a ton with air in the bottle. Not easy or cheap, but can be sourced in Canada and Mexico. Thanks, NAFTA!