• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 duffneggs

duffneggs

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Greetings from Ontario, Canada. I've just recently started to enjoy tequilas again, and there are a couple of brands that I am interested in trying....but I'm having trouble finding them. Specifically, I'm looking for Kah, Espolon and Clase Azul (all Blanco). Does anyone know if those brands are available in Ontario? If not, is it possible to order it online and have it shipped?

Thanks!

#2 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another Ontarioan here on the forum.

You won't find any of those brands presently in Ontario and 99.9% of the retailers won't ship to canada.

Your best bet is to pan a trip to USA and pick those up.

LCBO has had Espolon repo and I think they had Clase azul repo but they are no longer in stock.

Greetings from Ontario, Canada. I've just recently started to enjoy tequilas again, and there are a couple of brands that I am interested in trying....but I'm having trouble finding them. Specifically, I'm looking for Kah, Espolon and Clase Azul (all Blanco). Does anyone know if those brands are available in Ontario? If not, is it possible to order it online and have it shipped?

Thanks!

#3 duffneggs

duffneggs

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for the reply....even if the news isn't good. I guess I'll just keep looking, and trying what brands I can find.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another Ontarioan here on the forum.

You won't find any of those brands presently in Ontario and 99.9% of the retailers won't ship to canada.

Your best bet is to pan a trip to USA and pick those up.

LCBO has had Espolon repo and I think they had Clase azul repo but they are no longer in stock.

#4 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

LOS Arango Repo isnt bad and available at lcbo, and theres two decent Mezcals right now if you are in to them as well.Sinai Repo and TLACUACHE MEZCALE JOVEN. Theres Don julio but its over priced and not what it used to be. Karma is on sale for $23 , and at that price up here worth a try. Best bet is to watch the LCBO web, every now and then something good ends up on the shelves.

There has been two Tequila shows in Toronto have you been able to check any of them out?

#5 duffneggs

duffneggs

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look for some of those on my next trip, and keep my eyes on the LCBO site as well. I haven't been to any tequila shows, I guess I'd better keep my eyes open for those, too. Did you go to either of them?

LOS Arango Repo isnt bad and available at lcbo, and theres two decent Mezcals right now if you are in to them as well.Sinai Repo and TLACUACHE MEZCALE JOVEN. Theres Don julio but its over priced and not what it used to be. Karma is on sale for $23 , and at that price up here worth a try. Best bet is to watch the LCBO web, every now and then something good ends up on the shelves.

There has been two Tequila shows in Toronto have you been able to check any of them out?

#6 duffneggs

duffneggs

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

Any thoughts/opinions on 1800 Blanco? I was considering giving it a try.

#7 totallytequila

totallytequila

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 407 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Any thoughts/opinions on 1800 Blanco? I was considering giving it a try.

Although your selections may be limited up there in Ontario, I think I can safely speak for the majority of the forum members when I suggest that you don't waste your money! ;)

#8 duffneggs

duffneggs

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Yikes! That's a resounding "no" if I've ever heard one. I'm glad I asked before buying. Thanks!

#9 duffneggs

duffneggs

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

What would you suggest I try? I prefer blancos, and I don't usually make mixed drinks; preferring to sip them straight or on the rocks....depending on my mood. I also don't like my booze too "smoky".