• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ike Belgica

Ike Belgica

Newcomer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:22 AM

not sure what is wrong but my "enters" are not taken when I save. I really tried to make it readable but I failed. Hello to all of you,So  I'm Ike and I live in small but complicated Belgium.I'm 36, work for a company that imports, exports, sells food products (but not tequila).Been once to Mexico 7 years ago for a small holiday, only one week and drank ..... 0 tequila's. Indeed, none. What can I say? Whipped? Not really, back then I didn't learned to drink short liquor, I was a strong beer, heavy wines guy, not difficult if you live in Belgium and have family in one of the monastery that brews one of the famous beers over here (Westmalle). But I bought a bottle of 100 aņos blanco as a souvenir... not to be touched for 5 years. In the meantime I learned to drink the fine highland malts and one time I found that bottle of tequila in the back of my cabinet. I know now the 100 aņos isn't regarded as a good one but I liked it. To my frustration I also learned that finding a good malt is very easy overhere bit a good tequila is a pain in the ass. I know one store that has Don Julio reposado (which I really like), but they don't have any good blanco. No I finally found the following German website that has an online store: www.craigs.de. I'm thinking of buying 4 different blancos and 4 reposado.Reading this website I thought of ordering:Tequila 1921 BlancoTequila Arette Artesanal Suave BlancoCasa Noble Crystal (silver)Chinaco ReposadoCasa Noble Reposado or should I go for the single barrel?El Tesoro de Don Filipe agedOr do you guys see one on this site ( www.craigs.de ) that really stands out? Believe it or not but the prices are more than OK for here. My company imports for example rum silver and we pay 14,XX for a case of 12 but the import taxes are 53,xx. So then add up our costs, profit and the costs and profit from the shop and 21% VAT at the end and you can see it's never cheap around here.But yesterday I also found this bar ( www.floristequila.be/carte/tequilas.php?lang=en&page=1 )with a nice list were I will taste them first. Which are the others i should taste in your opinion?so your 2 cents please,Aike

Edited by Ike Belgica, 19 June 2010 - 03:50 AM.

#2 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

Welcome

Lots of good blancos there , add to your list: aha toro, tapatio, oro azul, espolon, herencia de plata, to name a few.

#3 Ian Chadwick

Ian Chadwick

Administrator

• Admin/Sysop
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

So many ideas... I think you should open this question in the regular area - but read the pinned threads first. Some good comments there, as well.