12 replies to this topic

#1 La Hora Azul

La Hora Azul

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Good day tequila buffs. I have not visited here in a while, and miss this forum. I wanted to show you a new product that was due to be released this month, but ran into resistance from Crystal Head Vodka, and an actor. He claims that Crystal Head is being infringed on because Kah Tequila bottles are copying Crystal Head. They don't even look remotely alike. Besides, what does vodka have to do with Day of the Dead, or Mexico?

This tequila is wonderful tasting, and has class people behind it. Its not a company who stands behind a comedian, and his accomplishments on screen. Please click on the link and have a look. if you do not think that the bottles are copying the vodka, please email Kim at kim@kahtequila.com and let her know. This will help in the fight for true spirits.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files

Edited by La Hora Azul, 06 April 2010 - 12:08 PM.

#2 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Wow, beautiful bottles, would love to have some of those. Hope the tequila inside is as good as the bottles look!

Not surprised you're getting flack from Crystal Head though. They were the first skull shaped alcohol bottle I'd ever run across. The fact that these tequila bottles are also the same general size and shape does raise some questions, even though the decor of them is obviously very different. I hope Kah can win that battle!

BDA

#3 Karma_lounge

Karma_lounge

Newcomer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Cool Bottles. I will be picking one of these up to give it a taste run when they become available. I like the "Day of the Dead" angle. I'm sure they will have some 'Raising the Spirits' type marketing campaign!

#4 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Looks excellent! Hope it makes it to market to get my hands on those bottles..... I trust your opinion of the quality of juice inside.

Its gonna be a hard fight though look at makers mark and cuervo, but I did find this statement on the web, might be worth checking out

A bottle in the shape of a skeleton's skull was patented in 1894 by Carlton Lewe and has become the most famous poison bottle

Found this here bottles

Keep us uptodate on whats happening, and good luck.

Posted Image

#5 SILVER

SILVER

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

Looks excellent! Hope it makes it to market to get my hands on those bottles..... I trust your opinion of the quality of juice inside.

Its gonna be a hard fight though look at makers mark and cuervo, but I did find this statement on the web, might be worth checking out

Found this here bottles

Keep us uptodate on whats happening, and good luck.

Posted Image

Good work there, Wichie.

#6 *45*

*45*

• 1,822 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

GREAT FIND WICHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been aware of this product since December of '09 and was way stoked when I saw the idea and heard more about Kah. about 6 weeks ago, I had the chance to taste the juice, and the juice is GOOD! it does lean much more toward the American palate, so it is sweet and soft, but does have it's own thing goin' on! French oak fans will really dig the repo and anejo (*cough* *cough*... Ballard!).

#7 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

These bottles are indeed pretty cool looking and I can see myself buying them in a heart beat........Will email for sure and good luck. I will keep my eyes wide open for these nice looking bottles of Tequila.

#8 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

GREAT FIND WICHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been aware of this product since December of '09 and was way stoked when I saw the idea and heard more about Kah. about 6 weeks ago, I had the chance to taste the juice, and the juice is GOOD! it does lean much more toward the American palate, so it is sweet and soft, but does have it's own thing goin' on! French oak fans will really dig the repo and anejo (*cough* *cough*... Ballard!).

Uh oh, cool skull bottles AND it's my kind of juice?????

So . . . what can I do to help get this to market? :rolleyes:

Great find Wichie!

Bda

#9 The Flash

The Flash

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

This tequila is wonderful tasting, and has class people behind it. Its not a company who stands behind a comedian, and his accomplishments on screen. Please click on the link and have a look. if you do not think that the bottles are copying the vodka, please email Kim at kim@kahtequila.com and let her know. This will help in the fight for true spirits.

Thanks a lot.
[/quote]

Hey, I think these skull bottles look pretty cool. If it tastes as wonderful as you say, then I would love to have some. I will join you in the fight for true spirits, as that is very close to my own philosophy. BTW, what is the NOM?

TRUTH IN SPIRITS

The Flash

#10 *45*

*45*

• 1,822 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Victory for KAH™ Day of the Dead™ Tequila

Establishes Definitive Identity in Competitive Beverage Marketplace

Elements Spirits, Inc. is triumphant in a formidable legal challenge posed by the parent company of a high-profile celebrity-backed vodka, paving the way for the maverick brand's American and global business prospects.

June 21, 2010, San Diego: Elements Spirits, Inc. and its brand KAH™ Tequila emerged supreme in a liquor industry court case that echoed the age-old outcome of "David and Goliath," with the proverbial little guy (or in this case, little gal) coming out on top morally and ethically.

Globefill, Inc., parent company for the high-profile, celebrity-backed Crystal Head Vodka, took on the "Goliath" role, filed a lawsuit against Element's Spirits, Inc., and its CEO, Kim Brandi accusing Elements of trademark infringement and unfair competition. Globefill then tried to prevent distribution of KAH™ Tequila in the United States by filing a motion for preliminary injunction.

On June 18, 2010, the Central District Court of California issued an order granting Elements Spirits' Motion to Dismiss Globefill's allegations without prejudice and put forth the order to deny Globefill's Motion for Preliminary Injunction without prejudice.

With this milestone legal triumph combined with strong industry support, Brandi and Elements are moving forward with a national distribution rollout immediately. "I want to humbly thank distributors, retailers, industry professionals and consumer tequila enthusiasts for their support of KAH™ Tequila through all of their emails, letters, calls of encouragement, blogs and discussion boards," says Brandi. "We are so grateful that this support helped ensure KAH™ will enjoy a long, fruitful life in the marketplace."

:t_up: :t_up: :t_up:

#11 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Great News!!! Now, the question is, when will we start seeing Kah Tequila on the shelves?????? I'm personally excited to try this Tequila as soon as I get some in my hands:drink: Congrats for the Victory:t_up:

#12 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Congratulations!!

A fabulous bottle. Hoping the juice is equally as "artistic'!

#13 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

Excellent! Congrats to Kah tequila!

I echo Tequila4me, when will we get a chance to purchase some of this and try it out?

bda