• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LaCasaDeTequilas

LaCasaDeTequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

today i went to a couple of liquor stores and found a total of 6 750ml denton chinaco anejos. 4 at the first store and 2 at the second store. i was going to purchase all 6 of them but when i put each bottle next to the light all but 1 had these floating particles inside them. what are these floating particles? does anyone know? and what does it mean? is it part of the cork that has deteriorated due to age? or maybe the tequila has gone bad? or maybe the juice was not properly filtered when bottled? can anyone shed some light onto these floating particles?

#2 Old Tequila Guy

Old Tequila Guy

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Needless to say, the particles won't hurt you. Chinaco wasn't filtered until later on. The particles are specks of charcoal from the barrels. Nothing more nothing less.

#3 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Needless to say, the particles won't hurt you. Chinaco wasn't filtered until later on. The particles are specks of charcoal from the barrels. Nothing more nothing less.

Just run it through some panty hose...it will be fine.

#4 Los Altos

Los Altos

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

I have seen several Denton Chinaco blancos with black particles covering the bottom. Almost like a film, with a greater viscosity that the tequila itself. Couldnt be from the barrel, so I stay away from that juice.

Just for a bit of reference, a lot of the old juice has stuff floating around in it. DO a search and you will find pics of a fruit fly in some ETWL.

I had a bottle of VR CNC that had a piece of staw/hay in it.

#5 LaCasaDeTequilas

LaCasaDeTequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

thanks for the info OTG.

#6 LaCasaDeTequilas

LaCasaDeTequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Just run it through some panty hose...it will be fine.

good tip bpacifica however i saw at bevmo a couple days ago they have this filter/funnel that they use for filtering and airing wine. thinking going to try that.

#7 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

Tequila Sea Monkeys...... I kid you not!

#8 larry mac

larry mac

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

Tequila Sea Monkeys...... I kid you not!

That's damn funny! :lmao:

best regards, lm

#9 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

My hand-blown F/J Chinacos have like a saliva-esqe filmy slough swirling 'round the bottom of the 3/4 gone bottles. I LOVE the taste so i drink it anyway. COULDN"T be worse for you than alcohol, right?