• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ian Chadwick

Ian Chadwick

Administrator

• Admin/Sysop
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

This forum space is designed to let producers, agents, distributors, bars, etc. make product announcements, inform us about updates, product changes, new labels and bottles, etc. Images, attachments and links are permitted.

It is open to every member for posting, but is really meant as a tool for anyone in the tequila or mezcal industries or any business that supplies or services them. Inappropriate posts will be deleted or moved by the moderators.

If you do not wish to join the forum, please email your press release to the sysop or any moderator and we will put it online here for you.

Replies have been disabled - this area is for information, not debate. Moderators and the sysop can reply if necessary to clarify something, confirm links, etc. Polls are also disabled.

If there is sufficient demand or need, I can create a separate, private forum for producers and agents who may wish to discuss issues, etc. outside the general forum. This section would be hidden, accessed by password and membership would be by request or invitation. PM or email the administrator if you want such a forum created.

#2 don Pablo

don Pablo

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

This is really disappointing. Why are replies to announcements disabled? What's the fear? How can "debate" be bad?

This forum is great for learning about tequila. Once you get towards the end of the learning curve however, there are very few threads that are appealing (IMO). I like seeing what friends are drinking and finding, and there is the occasional topic of interest, but honestly not a lot of stimulating content. So when someone in the industry posts something new, whether perceived to be good or bad, there is usually some follow-up discussion. And when that industry person sticks around to answer questions, knowledge can be gained! :lightbulb:

By disabling replies, I think you are encouraging insiders to post and run (if they bother to post at all), rather than stick around for discourse. Healthy or otherwise (rarely), at least it's interesting and educational.

Just one crusty old guy's plea. I'll have a drink and get over it. Or eventually just succumb to getting tequila news on facebook, I guess. :headbutt:
  • bpacifica and SeattleJuan like this

#3 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

This is really disappointing. Why are replies to announcements disabled? What's the fear? How can "debate" be bad?

This forum is great for learning about tequila. Once you get towards the end of the learning curve however, there are very few threads that are appealing (IMO). I like seeing what friends are drinking and finding, and there is the occasional topic of interest, but honestly not a lot of stimulating content. So when someone in the industry posts something new, whether perceived to be good or bad, there is usually some follow-up discussion. And when that industry person sticks around to answer questions, knowledge can be gained! :lightbulb:

By disabling replies, I think you are encouraging insiders to post and run (if they bother to post at all), rather than stick around for discourse. Healthy or otherwise (rarely), at least it's interesting and educational.

Just one crusty old guy's plea. I'll have a drink and get over it. Or eventually just succumb to getting tequila news on facebook, I guess. :headbutt:

:thumbs_up: What he said....