• Please log in to reply
996 replies to this topic

#31 Vange

Vange

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

Not a bad price for fuel for your car since gas prices are really high right now.

I am just kidding, it's a good deal if you like patron. I am personally not a fan. Makes good ritas though and chilled shots at a party for non-tequila drinkers.

#32 San Diego Slim

San Diego Slim

Tequilero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

Not a bad price for fuel for your car since gas prices are really high right now.

I am just kidding, it's a good deal if you like patron. I am personally not a fan. Makes good ritas though and chilled shots at a party for non-tequila drinkers.

Exactly. Margaritas are flowing plenty around here.

#33 SILVER

SILVER

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

Sure, and think of the cachet: "We had Patrón Margaritas at Slim Jim's"

#34 Sipper de Agave

Sipper de Agave

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:03 AM

I happened to come across that Patron pack the other day while at costco too. And I must say... Whoa. I am not a patron fan, but that wooden box definitely upped the appeal of Patron.

*must not get sucked in!*

Mine did not have the 1942, but they seem to have an ample supply of the JCRF.

#35 Vange

Vange

• Agave friends
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

What is causing this? Half price? Tequila glut? Worth adding the anjeo to my collection for $35?

Tequila Corazon on sale now at Hitime

Tequila Corazon Blanco (750 ml)

Corazon de Agave Blanco embodies the true essence of the heart of the Agave... clean, clear, crisp and smooth to the finish.

Nose: A very tempting, mellow and elegant Agave flavor surrounded by a hint of cardomom and smokiness, subtle straw-like notes

Palate: Moderate body with earthy and mineral components, soft and creamy on the tongue with a silky texture and light nutty tones.

Finish: Warm and lingering with an interesting spicy finish

Regular Price $42.99 Sales Price $29.99 BUY NOW

Tequila Corazon Reposado (750 ml)

Corazon de Agave Reposado is aged in new Canadian oak barrels for up to one year, resulting in a softness and depth previously only found in aged cognac and single malt scotch.

Nose: Complex, intriguing, shows subtle Agave and cedar notes, sweet fragrances such as vanilla, dry dates and almonds.

Palate: Medium-bodied. Clean spicy and woody with a complex layering of dry fruits, caramel, toasted aromas and a great creamy feel.

Finish: Warm and Expanding long lasting finish enriched by spicy and oaky notes. Incredible value for a Reposado and should be enjoyed sipped slowly like a great Anejo.

Regular price $44.99 Sales Price $32.99 BUY NOW

Tequila Corazon Anejo (750 ml)

Tequila Corazon de Agave Anejo is aged in new Canadian oak barrels. The Anejo is allowed to mature fully by spending 2 years in the barrels, absorbing and capturing the natural essence imparted by the oak. The Anejo emerges as the smoothest sipping tequila possessing a rich complexity and a hint of vanilla, almond and spice undertones.

Nose: Sweet and floral nose

Palate: A round, supple attack leads to a medium to full bodied taste with rich caramel.

Finish: Effortless finish with a touch of sweet Canadian oak spice. It is beautifully balanced and made for slow, contemplative sipping.

Regular Price $69.99 Sales Price $34.99 BUY NOW

#36 Mike Morales

Mike Morales

Agave Olympian

• 3,439 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:08 PM

What is causing this? Half price? Tequila glut? Worth adding the anjeo to my collection for $35?

Corazon de Agave Blanco embodies the true essence of the heart of the Agave... clean, clear, crisp and smooth to the finish.

Nose: A very tempting, mellow and elegant Agave flavor surrounded by a hint of cardomom and smokiness, subtle straw-like notes

Palate: Moderate body with earthy and mineral components, soft and creamy on the tongue with a silky texture and light nutty tones.

Corazon de Agave Reposado is aged in new Canadian oak barrels for up to one year, resulting in a softness and depth previously only found in aged cognac and single malt scotch.

Nose: Complex, intriguing, shows subtle Agave and cedar notes, sweet fragrances such as vanilla, dry dates and almonds.

Palate: Medium-bodied. Clean spicy and woody with a complex layering of dry fruits, caramel, toasted aromas and a great creamy feel.

Finish: Warm and Expanding long lasting finish enriched by spicy and oaky notes. Incredible value for a Reposado and should be enjoyed sipped slowly like a great Anejo.

Tequila Corazon de Agave Anejo is aged in new Canadian oak barrels. The Anejo is allowed to mature fully by spending 2 years in the barrels, absorbing and capturing the natural essence imparted by the oak. The Anejo emerges as the smoothest sipping tequila possessing a rich complexity and a hint of vanilla, almond and spice undertones.

Palate: A round, supple attack leads to a medium to full bodied taste with rich caramel.

Finish: Effortless finish with a touch of sweet Canadian oak spice. It is beautifully balanced and made for slow, contemplative sipping.

As the late, great Don Ameche said in Trading Places...

BUY...BUY!!!!

These prices almost put it on par with Corazón's stablemate, Espolón. The silver is one of my favorites. Of the reposado or the añejo, take the añejo!

I love holiday pricing! ^_^

#37 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

As the late, great Don Ameche said in Trading Places...

BUY...BUY!!!!

These prices almost put it on par with Corazón's stablemate, Espolón. The silver is one of my favorites. Of the reposado or the añejo, take the añejo!

I love holiday pricing! ^_^

El reformador anejo is on sale at High Times as well ($24.99 a bottle)... just ordered two bottles (I liked the reposado) :t_up:

#38 oceanos

oceanos

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this board, stumbed across it somehow in my search for tequila's. Kudos to the organizer.

When I saw the sale prices listed above for the Arette, I almost feignted, then I realized that you were not referring to the Gran Clase... That is one very fine reposado.

I live in New York City and I have found the local prices and availability to be dissapointing. Last year I vacationed in Mexico and made a day trip to Playa Carmen where I picked up several nice tequilas. The selection was good but the prices werent as discounted as I would have liked.

This thread should definitely be stickied. The hardest part of being a tequila addict is sourcing the good stuff at reasonable prices!

Cheers!

#39 Vange

Vange

• Agave friends
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

Welcome aboard. You are in good company here.

Try Astor's and Warehouse Wine and Spririts in NYC. Decent pricing and around the corber from each other.

If you feel nimble, check out Wine Library in Springfield, NJ. GREAT prices and GREAT selection for fine tequilas and average tequilas. If you need exact pricing and availability search on here, I've spoek about WL before and how good I think it is.

#40 oceanos

oceanos

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for some great suggestions, I took the liberty of ordering a mixed case of anejo's from Hi-Time, taking advantage of the pricing of El Reformador and Rey de Copas. I also threw on a bottle of Casa Noble and El Tesoro. I have yet to try these (except for a sip of Tesoro a while ago).

I will definitely have to make a trip to the Wine Library next time I take my car out. Though, I am afraid of the "damage" I may do. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I go into a fine tequileria. :D

#41 Vange

Vange

• Agave friends
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:26 PM

My first trip to WineLibrary. I went and was on the main floor looking at tequilas and they had a decent selection with relatively good pricing. I asked a salesman if they had more than what was out on the floor, he said, YES, did you go upstairs yet? UPSTAIRS?!? So, I took the elevator upstairs and that's where they keep their bottles behind glass bookcases. So I goto to the tequila area and bought and find a salesman and point at 4 bottles I want. He does a doubletake, but gets them for me:

Penca Azul
Herencia Historico
Milagro Romance
I forget the 4th one, but something good

They had plenty other utlra-premiums as well. Great pricing on 1942, I think $87.

#42 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

None of these where real deals per say, but my most recent transactions. I should have a few more middle/high end tequilas after Sunday as i am making a trip to Buffalo.(Any good Liquor stores there?)
Anyways here they are....

Wichie

#43 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

None of these where real deals per say, but my most recent transactions. I should have a few more middle/high end tequilas after Sunday as i am making a trip to Buffalo.(Any good Liquor stores there?)

Wichie

Sweet haul Wichie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tequila Vida!

#44 Mossy

Mossy

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:02 PM

Wichie

Tequila Vida!

Yes, very nice. Looks like you "invested" some serious coin!

I daresay your Cabo Wabo days are behind you :beer:

#45 miguelbgood

miguelbgood

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

Los Angeles folks:
Albertsons has Don Viejo anejo for $22, Don Viejo Repo for $20, and Cuervo 1800 Repo for $20 and I can't remember how much Sauza Hornitos was but it was on sale too, as I recall.

The Don Viejo Anejo is quite good for the price!

#46 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:33 AM

Wichie

Tequila Vida!

Yes, very nice. Looks like you "invested" some serious coin!

I daresay your Cabo Wabo days are behind you :beer:

ThankYou, I hoping to add a bottle or two to this this weekend from Buffalo..... Please give me your opinions as i have tried none of the following Tequilas.

I found a place 20 min.s from where we will be shopping that has the following tequila for the following prices(this is my short list)

casta brava rep $39.99
chinaco anj $44.99
DJ anj 52.99
espolon Anj 46.99
Hussongs $37.99 (is this stuff any good?)
Reserva Del Dueno $53.99
Sol Dios Anj $ 44.99

Please give me your options if you could only have 1 or two bottles?

BTW i have never tasted Cabo Wabo, for my first over priced, over promoted Tequila i chose Patron Anj. :lmao:

Wichie

#47 oceanos

oceanos

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

Amate Tequila Reposado (750 ml)

Straw gold. Oily, burnt agave and roasted nut and vegetable nose. A soft entry leads to a dryish light-bodied palate with flax, honey, salt, smoky oak wood, banana and spice notes. Finishes with a sweet fade of agave and white pepper. A nutty, rustically flavored style with an elegant edge.

Regular price $49.99
Sales price $25.99

I just got this notice via e-mail from Hi-Time Wine Cellars | 250 Ogle Street Costa Mesa Ca 92627 | 800/331-3005 | www.hitimewine.net

Anyone tried this tequila that can give some feedback ?

Regards,
Nick

PS
Perhaps we should sticky this thread so we dont have to hunt it down in the future :)

#48 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:58 AM

For those of you in the Denver area, Total Beverage has El Tesoro Platinum on sale for $18.95!

#49 jiboo

jiboo

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 619 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:06 PM

Marty's Liquors in Allston, MA...El Tesoro Platinum...$19.99/bottle!

minor fine print: I used to work there, but have no current affiliation.

Marty

[/u]
I Finally made it back to Marty's after 9 months of mental notation.Picked up the El Tesoro Platinum for 19.99.Zaffarancho silver FOR 19.99,3 zaffarancho gold mini's(100% agave)for 5 bucks,and a beautiful bottle of premium sake,Sho Chiku Bai,for 7.99.I also bought a half full bottle of Pure Sangre anejo for a discounted price as a collector's item.It was sealed,and they had several "leaked" or otherwise compromised Pure sangre bottles for sale...strange.It actually tasted good,and since today is a "noreaster" here in New Hampshire ,I am taking the opportunity to compare the Z to the ETP.
Also made a mental note to return for Lapis platinum,reposado,or anejo next time I am in the area,and the Q bottle of XQ Reposado,which would look really cool for a bar someday.Man,that store is a diamond in the rough.

#50 Dinosaur David B.

Dinosaur David B.

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

Where is Marty's in Allston? Is it that one on Harvard ave across from Mr. Music?

#51 jiboo

jiboo

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 619 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

i go to the bigger location in West Newton,near the Mass Pike.The one in Allston I haven't been to ,but I've heard it's more limited.

#52 SILVER

SILVER

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:29 PM

I found a set of El Tesoro minis at a local store. One each, 50 ml, of the blanco, reposado and añejo for $5.99. I did the math and it came out to about $30.00 per 750 ml. Sounded like a deal to me.
Yes I took several home and I'll get some more next weekend.

#53 gabe

gabe

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

I found a set of El Tesoro minis at a local store. One each, 50 ml, of the blanco, reposado and añejo for $5.99. I did the math and it came out to about $30.00 per 750 ml. Sounded like a deal to me.
Yes I took several home and I'll get some more next weekend.

Old bottle (round) or new bottle (square)?

#54 SILVER

SILVER

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:33 AM

Square.

#55 jiboo

jiboo

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

I just bought 2 bottles of Cazadores Blanco for $15.50 at Fry's grocery store in Arizona.Not bad,I think they are trimming down their selection and it's a closeout.I don't know what states Fry's are in but it might be worth a look.I've been buying their Corazon blanco at
$15.99 for 375 ml all summer.

#56 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

TEQUILA RESERVA 1800 DEL NUEVO MILENIO 6YR ANEJO

A deal in NJ, I think they will ship most of the US, it is $75 at Hightimes...... Don't know if its any good or not.

#57 jim

jim

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

[quote name='Wichie13' date='Aug 14 2006, 11:52 AM' post='15542']
TEQUILA RESERVA 1800 DEL NUEVO MILENIO 6YR ANEJO

I bought this from hi times for $75 on sale and thought it quite good

#58 jeff

jeff

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

So, maybe this will be a useful sticky, maybe not, I'll let the tribe decide:

From time to time online and offline stores will have great deals. If you notice them and are willing to share, place a post in here describing the deal.

crown spirits in florida.Chinaco anejo,33.99 .Gran Centenario anejo,29.99,plus they ship ups and charge about 8 bucks

#59 nyballer

nyballer

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

My local store has about 10 bottles left of GC rep for 29.99. They had 4 bottles of anejo for 32.99 and 3 of the blanco for 27.99, but sadly I already drank them! :D

#60 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:52 PM

My local store has about 10 bottles left of GC rep for 29.99. They had 4 bottles of anejo for 32.99 and 3 of the blanco for 27.99, but sadly I already drank them! :D

7 Bottles down??? Wow I feel better about my consumption :lmao: :t_up: Regards,
Tim