Photo
- - - - -

El Señorio Mezcal Reposado Extra

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: El Señorio Mezcal Reposado Extra

Nose

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Body/Taste

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Aftertaste/Finish

Overall Impression

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gabe

gabe

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:47 AM

NOM 011X

Light golden yellow. Watery with no legs. In the nose, macho intensity, lightly sweet, with typical alcohol burn. Moderate agave intensity with medium complexity and moderate wood. Light smoke, a little "mush" smell (something I find in various degrees in many, but not all, mezcals), and maybe some almond.

The flavor has macho intenisty, hot burn, and light sweetness. Moderate agave, moderate wood, and a little smoke. The flavors are a little muddy but there is some nice stuff there and reasonable complexity. The finish has moderate intensity and burn, and becomes a bit bitter. Moderate agave and wood flavors which fade off after a short time.

Overall, this is a pretty drinkable mezcal with reasonable complexity. There are better to be had, but at the price (about $20, but only available in Mexico I believe) it's not bad. Try It.

My Ratings:
Nose: Good
Body/Taste: Good
Aftertaste/Finish: Good
Overall Impression: Good

#2 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

NOM 011X

Light golden yellow. Watery with no legs. In the nose, macho intensity, lightly sweet, with typical alcohol burn. Moderate agave intensity with medium complexity and moderate wood. Light smoke, a little "mush" smell (something I find in various degrees in many, but not all, mezcals), and maybe some almond.

The flavor has macho intenisty, hot burn, and light sweetness. Moderate agave, moderate wood, and a little smoke. The flavors are a little muddy but there is some nice stuff there and reasonable complexity. The finish has moderate intensity and burn, and becomes a bit bitter. Moderate agave and wood flavors which fade off after a short time.

Overall, this is a pretty drinkable mezcal with reasonable complexity. There are better to be had, but at the price (about $20, but only available in Mexico I believe) it's not bad. Try It.

My Ratings:
Nose: Good
Body/Taste: Good
Aftertaste/Finish: Good
Overall Impression: Good

this "stuff" don't dare call it anything else is put out by Casa AGP same group that produces Zignum... nothing but industrial stuff IMHO

#3 gabe

gabe

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

this "stuff" don't dare call it anything else is put out by Casa AGP same group that produces Zignum... nothing but industrial stuff IMHO

I'm guessing this is not a consistent brand. First bottle I had was a gift and fairly nice (though I was new to mezcal at the time, so perhaps not the best judge..). Next bottle I think was the one I reviewed above, and fine but definitely not as good.

I have no idea what current production is like, but I'll take your word for it that it's not great..

#4 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'm guessing this is not a consistent brand. First bottle I had was a gift and fairly nice (though I was new to mezcal at the time, so perhaps not the best judge..). Next bottle I think was the one I reviewed above, and fine but definitely not as good.

I have no idea what current production is like, but I'll take your word for it that it's not great..

pretty sure it's always been in Casa AGP's portfolio. I was just harassing my MX friend who is completing his Master's in Mexico Df for buying this stuff with all the Mezcalerias in that city lol