• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LaD'Estribo

LaD'Estribo

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:33 PM

After reading about the forum Members drinking habits it made me wonder. What do you guys do with your empty tequila bottles.

I have seen them on ebay and even seen them made into lamps at frat houses. But what else are they good for?

Lately, I have been giving them away to my brother-in-laws cousin in hopes of getting it returned with some Mezcal from Zacatecas but so far he has taken 4 empty ETP bottles with the promise of getting me some and hasn't returned one. ......

#2 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

After reading about the forum Members drinking habits it made me wonder. What do you guys do with your empty tequila bottles.

I have seen them on ebay and even seen them made into lamps at frat houses. But what else are they good for?

Lately, I have been giving them away to my brother-in-laws cousin in hopes of getting it returned with some Mezcal from Zacatecas but so far he has taken 4 empty ETP bottles with the promise of getting me some and hasn't returned one. ......

I have a lot of empty bottles some of them just go in the recycle box the nicest ones they stay around but i really dont have a use for them!!!!!

#3 *45*

*45*

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,834 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

I put them in the garage and they line our rehearsal studio...

#4 Tequila Joe

Tequila Joe

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:54 AM

At La Pinata they use them as flower vases. It looks amazing, so that is most likely what I will be doing with the rarer bottles.

#5 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

I've got an empty Penca bottle I use for olive oil...but I don't have room for all the full ones let alone the empties. Recycle bin for 99% of them.

#6 anejo

anejo

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:30 AM

I recycle 99.9 % of them.

#7 Los Altos

Los Altos

• Agave friends
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

Someone else has been asking me that same question, "What are you going to do with these empty tequila bottles?

There's only about six at the moment, but it's hard to think about throwing away ETWL bottles. I feel like I am throwing away history, and the CN bottles; it's like dumping art in the trash.

When I stop thinking about accumulating bottles, I'll put more time into the empty ones.

Maybe I can bring the ETWL to Arandas with me and Carlos will give me a refill. :lol:

#8 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 863 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:33 PM

There's only about six at the moment, but it's hard to think about throwing away ETWL bottles. I feel like I am throwing away history, and the CN bottles; it's like dumping art in the trash.

Yeah, I used to feel that way too. Then the collection of empty bottles took up about 6 feet of shelf space in my basement and I realized I was never going to do anything with them. Now I keep a few around in case I have need for an interesting container, but that is about it.

BDA

#9 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

I recycle 99.9 % of them.

Wow, man -- for every thousand bottles you empty, you keep one? :P

I keep the good-looking ones. And some of the average ones too. It could be said that I have a hard time letting go. Some of them are used for doorstops and bookends, and 3 or 4 of the coolest ones (Barrique, Cuervo Collecion, etc.) are used to house other tequilas. But most of them are stored away, waiting to be discarded when I move or die.

#10 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:42 AM

I've thrown my share of cool bottles away.. but I just can't seem to trash my "early-model" Casa Noble blancos.. or my LA blancos ('natch) .. though I DID steam the labels off them (apologies to M Cannon).

#11 larry mac

larry mac

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

I try to keep one example of each tequila I buy. Not always a blanco, reposado, and añejo of a brand, unless there's something unique about the bottles.

We bought a new house about five years ago, after having lived in the old one for eight years. I was so overwhelmed with the magnitude of junk we had accumulated in the closets and garage, that in a fit of despair I started tossing stuff and discarded a couple boxes of tequila bottles. I later regretted doing that. Some of those bottles I had acquired as far back as '95 when I was sampling oil & gas wells in Mexico for Pemex, and are not replacable.

best regards, lm

#12 vschmelzer

vschmelzer

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

I try to keep one example of each tequila I buy. Not always a blanco, reposado, and añejo of a brand, unless there's something unique about the bottles.

I save some of the plain straight neck bottles for my own aged tequila. I also save any bottle that has a hand blown object inside.

#13 carssausage

carssausage

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

So I had some free time and some extra empty bottles so I crerated this.

Attached Files

• Ralph16 likes this

#14 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

We bought a new house about five years ago, after having lived in the old one for eight years. I was so overwhelmed with the magnitude of junk we had accumulated in the closets and garage, that in a fit of despair I started tossing stuff and discarded a couple boxes of tequila bottles. I later regretted doing that. Some of those bottles I had acquired as far back as '95 when I was sampling oil & gas wells in Mexico for Pemex, and are not replacable.

best regards, lm

Last year I tossed about 30 empty bottles, including many ETWL, CNSR, Chinaco Denton and many other treasure bottles. I soon regretted doing so. Since then I've accumulated a few nice bottles including a rare 3 ltr Casa Noble Special Reserve that I found while in Las Vegas.

Casa Noble 3ltr

• Ralph16 likes this

#15 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

So I had some free time and some extra empty bottles so I crerated this.

As always you create amazing chandeliers!  :t_up:

#16 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

Last year I tossed about 30 empty bottles, including many ETWL, CNSR, Chinaco Denton and many other treasure bottles. I soon regretted doing so. Since then I've accumulated a few nice bottles including a rare 3 ltr Casa Noble Special Reserve that I found while in Las Vegas.

That's cool. I never knew CN made a 3LT. Anejo bottle. I've only seen the Repo version in a 3LT.. I take it was a display bottle only and was never full.

#17 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

That's cool. I never knew CN made a 3LT. Anejo bottle. I've only seen the Repo version in a 3LT.. I take it was a display bottle only and was never full.

I'm not sure if it was ever filled; it has a real cork but it doesn't appear to be stained. I was told by the manager that it was a full bottle and they opened it during their grand opening many years ago (a tequila bar in Caesars Palace). It's ceramic and painted with 24k gold just like the 750ml bottles but there's no lote number on the bottom. Either way, it's cool.