• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jaibo79

jaibo79

Newcomer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

Has anybody tried bacanora or lechugilla? I just had some in Sonora,Mx. Very fiery and rough. 48% alcohol! Bacanora is moonshine from the Sonoran mountains. Does anybody know its history? What about lechugilla? They say it is similar to sotol.

#2 gabe

gabe

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:06 AM

I stumbled upon a bottle of Bacanora Real today while treasure hunting for tequila. It's 80 proof, imported (obviously), and 100% de agave (Agave Capon). Haven't cracked the bottle yet (it will probably be a few months). Anyone know if this is a boon find or simply moonshine?

#3 *45*

*45*

• 1,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

I had some Bacanora de Sanora last night. 92 proof. Very nice and smokey. The finish didn't last as long as a DM mezcal, but it was very enjoyable. A friend bought it in Rosarito. I too, would like to know more about it, since the the label on the back didn't mention about agave or maguey

#4 alagave1

alagave1

Newcomer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

I found a bottle of Bacanora Real near Phoenix about a decade ago. It was a tall squareish bottle and obviously suspect since it had the word "Tequila" on the bottle but no NOM number or CRT logo. My wife and I drank and enjoyed it anyway. I still have half a bottle so I could post a photo if desired.

#5 *45*

*45*

• 1,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

I found a bottle of Bacanora Real near Phoenix about a decade ago. It was a tall squareish bottle and obviously suspect since it had the word "Tequila" on the bottle but no NOM number or CRT logo. My wife and I drank and enjoyed it anyway. I still have half a bottle so I could post a photo if desired.

now that, would be neat to see. please post :D

#6 Guy DeLouche

Guy DeLouche

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

http://www.haciendal...gles/Orders.htm

Group order, anyone? I have no idea how much a box of 12 750mL bottles of Bacanora "Puro Chuqui" would cost.
"We service the whole world." Classic.
Posted Image

#7 totallytequila

totallytequila

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

http://www.haciendal...gles/Orders.htm

Group order, anyone? I have no idea how much a box of 12 750mL bottles of Bacanora "Puro Chuqui" would cost.
"We service the whole world." Classic.
Posted Image

I would love a bottle of Bacanora! Only one problem Guy....I wonder where your money would actually be going if you did place an order? I also see a big red flag waving when they don't even list prices!
Website quote: "You can deposit the total in our bank account and send us by fax the deposit:" :blink:

#8 bullitt

bullitt

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:31 PM

I was blown away recently at a get together by Cielo Rojo blanco. First time trying bacanora.