• Please log in to reply
2921 replies to this topic

#2911 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

That's a good one Tonga! I was sippin on the same juice when I read your post... Unfortunately it was the last pour left in this bottle.

#2912 Tonga

Tonga

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

That's a good one Tonga! I was sippin on the same juice when I read your post... Unfortunately it was the last pour left in this bottle.

I was just messing around, this was at Tommy's and it cost a pretty penny for a shot. 

This isn't to be confused with Tapatio Excellencia, it's not the same stuff. The XA rarely makes it out of Carlos' house and I know of maybe two or three people who actually have a bottle, Julio Bermejo of Tommy's being one of them, Rachel (the storied Cigar Blend...akin to the XA as I understand it) and probably our local aficionado and Camarena disciple Kern who doesn't post here. Maybe Carssausage (can you verify Rolando?) or Tim Carter. 

As you can see in the picture, the labeling is clearly different, all XA bottles I have ever seen were etched with no paper label. It comes in whatever bottles Carlos has laying around whenever he bottles this stuff...I've even seen this juice in the square El Tesoro bottles that replaced the White Label, but it was indeed etched with the same logo. 

Salud!

#2913 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Wow!!! That is hard to find XA 😂 so did you tasted the XA juice tonga ? If yes, how is it ? How does it stack up vs. the new Excelencia ? Nice pic btw!!

#2914 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Wow!!! That is hard to find XA 😂 so did you tasted the XA juice tonga ? If yes, how is it ? How does it stack up vs. the new Excelencia ? Nice pic btw!!

Absolutely...and you can too, IF you know the 'secret handshake'...and/or you're there with Kern or Ballard...either one of those guys will get you 'hooked up'. 

I don't have any tasting notes on it, I was so excited that I even had access to a glass of it, I completely forgot to write anything down, or record memos on my phone. I merely enjoyed my glass a tiny sip at a time. I do remember it was an excellent tequila...how much of that was 'expectation'...I couldn't tell you, but while you could taste the 'Camarena influence' very little else coincided with the other Tapatio products...a blend for sure, beyond that...we'll have to call in some help...Rachel? Rolando?

• Tequila4me likes this

#2915 Tequila4me

Tequila4me

• Agave friends
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Awesome!!!! Tonga!! I would have been so stoked myself! I think I might have an idea of that handshake 😁
Might have to send a couple PM 😎
Salud

#2916 naranja

naranja

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

...I've even seen this juice in the square El Tesoro bottles that replaced the White Label, but it was indeed etched with the same logo. 

Salud!

Very cool, that would be some treasure! I checked chars site and they were down to 6 bottles of the Excellencia, as close as most us mortals will get :) one per customer...down to 5 now!  The nice lady I talked to sounded confident they would be getting more in Oct. 

#2917 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

it's ok....

#2918 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

A few things recently unearthed...

Attached Files

#2919 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Nice to come across those out in the wild for sure

#2920 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

My first ETWL find! I'm sure my eyes got pretty big when I spotted it lol.

#2921 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

My first ETWL find! I'm sure my eyes got pretty big when I spotted it lol.

They say you never forget the very first one! 

Salud!

• Don Nom likes this

#2922 La.Casa.de.Tequilas

La.Casa.de.Tequilas

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

A few things recently unearthed...

Great finds there Don Nom! I'm loving the Viva Mexico!  :t_up:  :t_up:  :t_up: