Craigs list?

:icon_mrgreen: !  :t_up:  :t_up:  :t_up:

#2882 LaD'Estribo

LaD'Estribo

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

It's been a while since I've been tequila hunting. But I tried to hit as many stores as possible in the last few days. I've found 1 medallion CNR that has sprung a leak but still looks very tempting. I've found 2 blue Wilson ceramic CNR, one had a leak and the store owner decided to swap out the crock wrap with regular clear tape, the second bottle looks in really good shape. I also found 2 1942 DJ in old boxes. I found an old Herradura round bottle Reposado. A few Water street 1921 repo's. 1 Paradiso bottle no box. 7-9 bottles of the cactus Pura sangre, I will say that when I saw them my heart skipped a beat thinking it was Porfidio bottles. Newer Pura sangre bottles. 2 100% Hussong's Anejo's. 1 Blue Azulejos with a cork that looked like it was ready to launch. 2 Blanco old Espolon bottles. A Cabo wabo Milenio and 2 3rd gen Cabo wabo Anejo.  All in all I picked up  NONE of them. I do plan on going back for the Paradiso. What I really want is an old CNC VR bottle, I'm down to my last 3oz. :(

#2883 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

I've been neglecting my treasure hunting duties lately so I decided to revisit a few stores near my home. My first stop was a store that I had been to only one time about a year ago. Score...a 2006 siete leguas anejo in the box! Not serious treasure but a fantastic drinker for sure. My next two stops yielded nothing so I decided to visit a store that I've been to at least ten times over the past two years. I never really found any treasure tequila in this store but they HAD lots of treasure cognac. Needless to say, I grabbed all of it long ago! On this visit I again scanned the tequila shelves and immediately noticed a bottle of GCA green label, score... Then I spotted the cluster of Chinaco F&J repos still sitting on the top shelf. However, this time I decided to check every bottle to be sure there wasn't a denton hiding in the back row. To my surprise there were two denton's hiding in the back row! One was an anejo (AA02470) from 1996 and another was a very early repo (RG00022) from 1995!!! A nice haul considering I had previously visited all four stores. Sometimes it pays to double-check... Salud

Edited by TequilaPicker, 15 January 2014 - 07:23 PM.

• Ralph16 and Don Nom like this

#2884 naranja

naranja

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

It's getting pretty slim pickins for treasure around North Texas. I think Specs Liquor, Total Wine and couple of others are really putting the hurt on mom and pop's. I've found several stores out of biz recently.  I hate it when it's a store that I know I left stuff behind. Happened today on some natural corked ETOO's I'd been getting a couple at a time  :cry:  Hit several other stores and found no treasure. I did get a deal on 200ml bottles of the the clarified anejo, Maestro Dobel at $6 a bottle. I saw Fort br&a on the shelves for the first time but passed at $60 to ninety something a bottle. Also left some of the tapx on the shelf at $175. I can send a PM  as to where if anybody is interested in any of these. 

#2885 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

More treasure hunting around these parts...

Tequila Finds 2 11 2014

#2886 naranja

naranja

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Nice job Picker. I found these all at one store today  :). No bargains or trophies but nice score since my old school drinking stock was getting pretty low.

Attached File  IMG_0009.JPG   196.87KB   1 downloads

#2887 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Back at ya Naranja!

I grabbed my first GCA green label last month but haven't cracked it open yet. I see you just snagged one, is the juice worthy???

#2888 naranja

naranja

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Back at ya Naranja!

I grabbed my first GCA green label last month but haven't cracked it open yet. I see you just snagged one, is the juice worthy???

Yes worthy, it's the next bottle I'll open... which may be soon. JCRF light, that's meant in a good way. Adios

#2889 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Love that freakin' Triada.  

#2890 gabe

gabe

• Agave friends
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Really??  Then I got a couple bottles for ya!

#2891 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

I'm interested. PM me

#2892 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

There is LOTS of Triada down here. Let me know if you need more.

#2893 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

I see so much Triada that I don't pay attention to it. I spent all day yesterday around the Concord area, found squat for tequila (but scored bourbon gold!). I did buy a Don Alejo blanco, because it was "only" $37, and I'm glad I did. We cracked it last night at Senior Rick's party, and Lippy and I agreed it was pretty damn good. My first taste of it, now I'm a fan. Need to try the repo!

#2894 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

What's the average price point on the Triada that you have seen (before you stopped paying attention :)

#2895 Don Nom

Don Nom

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

40-ish?

#2896 *45*

*45*

• 1,810 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

I see so much Triada that I don't pay attention to it. I spent all day yesterday around the Concord area, found squat for tequila (but scored bourbon gold!). I did buy a Don Alejo blanco, because it was "only" $37, and I'm glad I did. We cracked it last night at Senior Rick's party, and Lippy and I agreed it was pretty damn good. My first taste of it, now I'm a fan. Need to try the repo!

That Don Alejo phuqn ROCKS!! 👏👏👏🍻🍻🍻

#2897 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

yeah there is a grocery store down here with a few Don Alejo blancos still. thanks to other's recommendations on here I picked a few up. Great stuff. Good deal at $18-20 a pop. may have to check it out again as I drank 2 of my 3 :S

#2898 trueheart

trueheart

Newcomer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hello all.

New to this site.  Have some rarer old tequila ducks I'm parting with.  Just to mention a couple ... 1999 Herradura SS and Casta Weber Azul Nom 1146 (original).

Any interest, just PM me.  Thanks, Steve

#2899 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hello all.

New to this site.  Have some rarer old tequila ducks I'm parting with.  Just to mention a couple ... 1999 Herradura SS and Casta Weber Azul Nom 1146 (original).

Any interest, just PM me.  Thanks, Steve

I've been after these for as long as I can remember...thanks for the opportunity Steve. 

Attached Files

• Ralph16 likes this

#2900 gabe

gabe

• Agave friends
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Sa-weet!!

#2901 carssausage

carssausage

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Nice addition Tonga!

#2902 trueheart

trueheart

Newcomer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Your Welcome Tonga, and a pleasure to meet you.  Glad they have found such a nice new home!  Steve

#2903 TequilaPicker

TequilaPicker

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Picked up these gems today. The Chinaco is Lote 71, bottle 60. The Buscadores are Third Coast Imports, the anejo was just $36. I believe the Chinaco must be tasted for quality assurance purposes...

Chinaco Negro 1

#2904 vanguero

vanguero

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 554 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

lucky day found 3 more GCA green labels today for $20 a bottle
  • Ralph16 likes this