• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

Whats the NOM on the bottle you have DA? I had a bad experience with an Anejo. Does it have a cork or rubber stopper?

Pretty soon you won't have a problem as LA is now FORTALEZA in the USA maybe then we will use FB FR and FA or FORTB FORTR FORTA unless you are talking about mexican bottling which should now be MBLAB MBLAR and MBLAA.......

:lmao:

Okay, I think I may have found a tequila I like as much, possibly more than, my favorite El Tesoro Reposado square bottle (and since acronyms are so popular here - ETR-SqB). Therefore, I would like to go on record as stating that Los Azulejos reposado (aka, "LAR" ;) ) has a very similar agave flavor as does ETR-SqB. So much so that I think those whom ET is one of their favorites may find LAR to be every bit as tasty as ETRSqB :t_up: .

#62 Don Azulito

Don Azulito

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,303 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

Whats the NOM on the bottle you have DA? I had a bad experience with an Anejo. Does it have a cork or rubber stopper?

Pretty soon you won't have a problem as LA is now FORTALEZA in the USA maybe then we will use FB FR and FA or FORTB FORTR FORTA unless you are talking about mexican bottling which should now be MBLAB MBLAR and MBLAA.......

:lmao:

Okay, I think I may have found a tequila I like as much, possibly more than, my favorite El Tesoro Reposado square bottle (and since acronyms are so popular here - ETR-SqB). Therefore, I would like to go on record as stating that Los Azulejos reposado (aka, "LAR" ;) ) has a very similar agave flavor as does ETR-SqB. So much so that I think those whom ET is one of their favorites may find LAR to be every bit as tasty as ETRSqB :t_up: .

The NOM is 1437 and yes, it has a rubber-like cork wrapped around the glass stopper, that unfortunately doesn't seem to want to go back in completely. I haven't tried the anejo, and in fact I think I either haven't been schooled in the art of whiskeys (and other wood-aged libations) or I simply haven't yet learned to appreciate anejo taste yet, since they all seem to overwhelm that wonderful agave flavor. The only anejo I really like is ET.
Say, do you know why tequila purchased in Mexico is 38% alcohol instead of the 40% we have here in the states? Also, how exactly does Don Fillipi distill his brew exactly at 40% whereas most others claim it distills off at ~52% and needs to be diluted down?

#63 jim

jim

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 882 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

the 38% is less tax than the 40%, carlos did show us 80 proof out of the still,most of us tried it on the tour, he says he does it slowly

#64 TEPLimey

TEPLimey

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

I don't know if I would put it in my top 5, but Fina Estampa repo was treating me very well this weekend. And at under $20 a bottle, it is probably the best deal available.

#65 elrichiboy

elrichiboy

Newcomer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

1. Casa Noble Reposado - Am I biased?
2. Milagro Reposado Select - A very close 2nd. Am I pedestrian?
3. 1921 Reposado - the Reserva is an Anejo in my book! And yes, Tonga is more than correct, as the label does state Reposado!
4. El Tesoro Reposado - Am I still biased?
5. Tie: 4 Copas Reposado and 7 Leguas Reposado - Am I superstitious? 4+7=11!

I believe that the 1921 Reserva is a blend of Anejo and Reposado tequila. So they have to call it a Reposado, technically.

But you already knew that, I bet.

Edited by elrichiboy, 26 November 2007 - 08:06 PM.

#66 TEPLimey

TEPLimey

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

I believe that the 1921 Reserva is a blend of Anejo and Reposado tequila. So they have to call it a Reposado, technically.

But you already knew that, I bet.

The Reserva is technically a repo, as some of it is aged less than 1 year. That said, I agree that it is considered an anejo in my book. If I recall correctly, some of it is actually aged more than one year and is actually an anejo.

#67 McBlanco

McBlanco

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

I'll give it a go:

Casa Noble
Don Fulano
Chamucos
Don Julio
Fina Estampa

#68 gabe

gabe

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:47 AM

Chamucos

Chamucos makes a blanco?

Edit: Wait, repo thread! Got distracted by the user name..

#69 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

heres mine:

1. Don Fulano - I love the agave presence in this one
2. Los Abuelos - I call it the 'creamy taste tequila'
3. Fina Estampa - smooth and light
4. El Tesoro - ALWAYS a classic

I dont have a top 5 yet, but I do have a top 4 in that order! All amazing.

#70 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hi Pina..
I've never had the DF repo.. I'll give it a try the next time I'm sitting at the bar.

#71 heatmiser

heatmiser

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

I am a reposado fan through and through. I think it comes down to the fact that I like the wood influence but not so much that it overpowers the liquor. The same goes for my favorite bourbons and scotch whiskies, I find the middle road my favorite. My all time favorites reposado's are:

Hacienda de la Flor (tall bottle)
Don Fulano
El Tesoro
Fina Estampa
Clase Azul

#72 Rastaman

Rastaman

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

Right now it's:

Fina Estampa
1921 (Both)
ETR
Espolon
Chinaco

Honorable mention: CNR, Corazon, Corralejo

I am trying new reposados all the time though. Anything could happen! :P

#73 Legen

Legen

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

Just had to put in my 2 cents all cost $25-$50 cant afford any more.
Oro Azul
Milagro
Calende
Cielo
Corazon
We like them all so not sure about the order but the 5 we stick with mostly i read many dont like the milagro we find that surprising also so many like Casa Noble yuck!

#74 Rastaman

Rastaman

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

Just had to put in my 2 cents all cost $25-$50 cant afford any more.
Oro Azul
Milagro
Calende
Cielo
Corazon
We like them all so not sure about the order but the 5 we stick with mostly i read many dont like the milagro we find that surprising also so many like Casa Noble yuck!

I usually stick to the $35 to $50 range myself. Lately, that's dipping down to $30 or maybe slightly below. Btw, I did a search for Calende and they're NOM 1137 La Confradia just like Casa Noble :) I thought you might get a kick out of that. You like one of their products anyway ;) Amate is another one of their products. Or was. This could be older info by now but that's according to www.tequila.net

I'm going to try the Milagro on your recommendation. I was recently pleased with another less expensive option (Corralejo repo) so I'm willing to try others too. I've been meaning to get around to trying Cielo too. Same for Oro Azul. (Going to have to order that one) I gotta give everyone their day in court. I know when I don't like it, that's for sure! And I know when I like it! Cheers!

#75 Legen

Legen

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

I hope you enjoy it. We feel all for the price are some of the best.

#76 Partimer

Partimer

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Has anybody tried Tonala repo?
Wichie and I had some at El Agave in SD last month,It was pleasantly surprising!
Bought a couple of bottles from Trace, quite reasonable, almost killed half a bottle already!
Quite good strong but smooth, anyone else?

#77 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

my least favorites of tequilas. yet there are a few that I actually love!

Los Abuelos repo
Chinaco repo
El Jimador 100%
Don Julio repo
Don Fulano (u gotta try this one)

#78 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

my least favorites of tequilas. yet there are a few that I actually love!

Los Abuelos repo
Chinaco repo
El Jimador 100%
Don Julio repo
Don Fulano (u gotta try this one)

I want to give El Ultimo Agave repo a shot as well

#79 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

I want to give El Ultimo Agave repo a shot as well

Speaking of Repos, I just poured a snifter of a Sol Azul repo and just let it sit for a few minutes before tasting.

Upon entry, I swear it was just like biting into a piece of caramel candy at first. Just a very decent repo for 16 bux. IMHO, their best showing of their line, with their blanco being second.

#80 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Hi Pina..
I've never had the DF repo.. I'll give it a try the next time I'm sitting at the bar.

Lippy, ever had a chance to try the DF repo?? I know a few people arent interested due to the fact that they column distill.

#81 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

Not yet.

I'm due for a visit to Noonan's though..

#82 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Not yet.

I'm due for a visit to Noonan's though..

Im overdue for a stop at Malo down the street, but I just cant afford to go out right now. Its all about the bargian bottles. Especially after having to take a pay cut!

I will say the 'recession' has made me very inspector gadget about a purchase. thats a good thing.

#83 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

Im overdue for a stop at Malo down the street, but I just cant afford to go out right now. Its all about the bargian bottles. Especially after having to take a pay cut!

I will say the 'recession' has made me very inspector gadget about a purchase. thats a good thing.

I think Im getting a bottle of MuchTe reposado tomorrow. Seems like a great product.

#84 CigarDawg

CigarDawg

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

It's official...

As of the most recent NOM list (1/26/07), Buscadores has been removed from the Vivanco distillery.

If you can find it, buy it! :t_up:

I found a bottle of the Anejo today (NOM 1414, Lot No. BA03). The NOM list I found on Tequila.net shows this is still being made at Vivanco. Is this the stuff you're looking for?

The store had a couple of bottles of Reposado on the shelf as well and I would be glad to help someone out if they wanted them. $46 for the A, upper $30's for the R.

#85 Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Newcomer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:07 AM

Sol de Mexico Tequila

1800 Reposado Tequila

Casa Noble Reposado Tequila

Cesar Monterrey Tequila Reposado

EL Conquistador Reposado Tequila

(link removed)

#86 Pina

Pina

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

MuchoTe Reposado

Fortaleza Reposado

3 Amigos Reposadp

Don Valente Reposado

Chinaco Reposado

#87 morse

morse

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

it's repo weather in texas:fire1:.
the repo thread hasn't seen much action lately. have about 10 open now and really enjoying them. would like to see more lists including "older" posters updating to see if any ratings have changed.

my top 5 :
fe
buscadores (seems to be getting scarce again:angry:)

fort

oa (round - gracias to t4m)

1921 (highly recommended , the re is also excellent)

#88 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

I'm VERY interested in tasting some Buscadores REPO or blanco. Anybody got trade bottles?

#89 Rastaman

Rastaman

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 506 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

I'm VERY interested in tasting some Buscadores REPO or blanco. Anybody got trade bottles?

Looking for the treasure bottle variety?

#90 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

I don't exactly know how to answer that...

Is the juice still being made or are they ALL treasure bottles? In any case I guess I'll take ANY variety.