• Please log in to reply
3682 replies to this topic

#1 Ubertaster

Ubertaster

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

Just curious. I am wondering what you folks on the forum are drinking. I just had a snifter of D Los Altos añejo and poured it again about half full [3 ounces] of Tonala 4 year. I am down to my last glass so I made an order for another set of Riedels. I have to have the Riedels glass for my Tequila. Later on I may have a snifter of 1800 Milenio. The only 1800 worthy of the Riedels glass IMHO. Cheers

bj

#2 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Just curious. I am wondering what you folks on the forum are drinking. I just had a snifter of D Los Altos añejo and poured it again about half full [3 ounces] of Tonala 4 year. I am down to my last glass so I made an order for another set of Riedels. I have to have the Riedels glass for my Tequila. Later on I may have a snifter of 1800 Milenio. The only 1800 worthy of the Riedels glass IMHO. Cheers

bj

Tonight I am having CNB, 1921 blanco, Herradura reposado, and El Tesoro anejo... that should take care of tonight :t_up: Regards,
Tim

#3 Mike Morales

Mike Morales

Agave Olympian

• 3,439 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:37 PM

I'll bite (sip?).

Just poured a snifter of El Tesoro silver.

Had a small sample each of Dos Lunas silver and reposado for lunch...

Tasty!

#4 El Pescado Borracho

El Pescado Borracho

Tequilero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:24 PM

buddy got married last weekend and the CNA and Tezon Blanco have come and gone :(

#5 Secret Face

Secret Face

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 460 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:02 PM

Jeez, IC, save some for the rest of us!

I just killed a bottle of Castle Eggenburg Urbock beer. Great stuff, and packs a wallop, 9.6 percent alcohol.

I'm about to have a reidel of Tapatio, I think, maybe El Tesoro Anejo (now that IC has me in the mood for it).

#6 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

Jeez, IC, save some for the rest of us!

I just killed a bottle of Castle Eggenburg Urbock beer. Great stuff, and packs a wallop, 9.6 percent alcohol.

I'm about to have a reidel of Tapatio, I think, maybe El Tesoro Anejo (now that IC has me in the mood for it).

LOL Secret Face... I might be drinking more than the Surgeon General might recommend :blush: I also slummed a little with some Cazadorez reposado :o On a side note I really like and look for Tapatio, whenever I get to TJ or anywhere in Mexico I try to pick up a bottle. El Tesoro is the premium brand (using the tahona) but Tapatio is beloved in Mexico, and I think under rated to some extent (when coming from the same distillery that produces El Tesoro). I can get El Tesoro anywhere and like the fact that I have to struggle to get Tapatio (plus I am more reluctant to drink it too fast :lmao: ). I really do like it and consider Tapatio to be more authentic in many ways (a tequila that one might be served in Mexico in a middle class home). I have my bottle of Tapatio from the trip (unopened and highly valued) and have finished another one since returning... next trip to TJ I will be looking for the Tapatio blanco or hopefully the Excellencia will be out (aged 5 years in American Oak). If the 5 year El Tesoro aged in French Oak is out I may just eat my words :blink:

I really need to get my Beer groove back on... sounds like you had a great start to your evening! Regards,
Tim

#7 agavemark

agavemark

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:55 AM

Just curious. I am wondering what you folks on the forum are drinking.

Has a mid week golf outing yesterday with a few friends and we took a bottle of Casa Noble reposado with us, golf and tequila great combination :t_up: It was all gone by the 9th hole :(

#8 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:55 PM

I'm dieting.
No tequila during the week.

(but OH, those weekENDS!)

#9 lirubis

lirubis

• Agave friends
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

Has a mid week golf outing yesterday with a few friends and we took a bottle of Casa Noble reposado with us, golf and tequila great combination :t_up: It was all gone by the 9th hole :(

Noooooooooo way :blink: !!! YOU were one of those cavemen thrashing down the ( that place with the big lake...) Golf Club? A sixsome playing scramble? If you were one of them....MAN, you were having a REALLY good (and noisy) fun time! ;)

#10 agavemark

agavemark

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

Noooooooooo way :blink: !!! YOU were one of those cavemen thrashing down the ( that place with the big lake...) Golf Club? A sixsome playing scramble? If you were one of them....MAN, you were having a REALLY good (and noisy) fun time! ;)

Actually no it was at Dallas CC :)

but sounds like fun... what's the name of the club? good for next time I visit Chapala?

#11 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

Drinking El Tesoro Platinum at the moment. Just started, so I know I am not drunk -- yet this bottle seems really curved, and the neck is crooked -- almost like the old JC Anejo. (Maybe if I get drunk, I'll post a picture.)

And, though I am sure this must have been mentioned here before, I had no idea (or forgot) that they switched to synthetic corks.

Whatever the case -- it is positively delicious. In fact -- get ready for this -- I have just named it the "official winner" of the Tequila of the Last Ten Minutes.

#12 maris78

maris78

Newcomer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:55 PM

Sorry guys...

But today was a Vodka night :o

#13 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

Sorry guys...

But today was a Vodka night :o

Take two aspirin in the morning :lmao:
Tim

#14 maris78

maris78

Newcomer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

:blink:

Hey Tim! It's just going to be one or two... because my father is visiting me.

I could never get drunk with my parents.. I guess..

:D :beer:

#15 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:14 PM

:blink:

Hey Tim! It's just going to be one or two... because my father is visiting me.

I could never get drunk with my parents.. I guess..

:D :beer:

Hey Maris, well it good to have fun and even better to have a sense of humor while you are having fun :) Enjoy the visit and the vodka :t_up: (my Dad likes to have beer when visiting but last time I talked him into JCRF and he loved it)... B) Regards,
Tim

#16 El Pescado Borracho

El Pescado Borracho

Tequilero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

In fact -- get ready for this -- I have just named it the "official winner" of the Tequila of the Last Ten Minutes.

:lmao:

#17 San Diego Slim

San Diego Slim

Tequilero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:48 AM

Tonala & Red Bull.

Mmmmmm.

#18 doctoragave

doctoragave

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:33 PM

Still out on our California trip right now. Had dinner at a great restaurant in West Hollywood (El Coyote) for some fabulous Mexican food. We had the opportunity to sip a few new ones. We tried the Asombroso blanco and the Chinaco anejo before and after dinner, respectively. A huge thumbs-up for the Chinaco...it's a good thing we didn't have a whole bottle handy or we may have drained far too much of it. A thumbs-sideways vote on the Asombroso. It's decent, but somewhat mild and a little vodka-like in taste & finish.

Given more time, we would have tried the Chaya anejo...but we had some sights to see in our meager spare time.

#19 RLO1

RLO1

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

[/quote]Tonala & Red Bull.

Mmmmmm.
[/quote]

Finally! I thought I was all alone on this.

Monster and Pura Sangre Reposado :t_up:

#20 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:23 PM

Tonigth ill be trying 2 new Tequilas i just got my hands on
Zircon azul reposado and Maldito reposado
i hope they are good ^_^

#21 SILVER

SILVER

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

Pues, maldito sea.

#22 gabe

gabe

• Agave friends
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:47 AM

This weekend was about mezcal. I went camping with a few friends and brought along seven different brands:
Real de Maguey
Talapa
La Reliquia
Del Maestro Reserva
Scorpion 3yr Anejo
Del Maguey Minero
Del Maguey San Luis Del Rio

All were at least decent, and surprisingly well receieved among the group (of mostly non-tequila drinkers). Talapa and La Reliquia, both reposados, were the least remarkable, while the two Del Magueys were the favorites. The Scorpion was also well-liked. I'll post more details asoon in the Mezcal section of the forum.

#23 Mossy

Mossy

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

The bottles Ive been hitting most often lately:

Casa Noble Crystal
Tonala Suprema
Herradura 92
Chinaco Anejo
JCRF
Don Viejo Anejo (trying to go easy on this now-defunct product!)

#24 lynwood

lynwood

Newcomer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:31 PM

EL Tesoro Anjeo
1921 Blanco

#25 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

A BOTTLE of tequila has only 1600 calories, less than the daily recommendation :)

I'm dieting.
No tequila during the week.

(but OH, those weekENDS!)

#26 El Pescado Borracho

El Pescado Borracho

Tequilero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:47 PM

so much for that bottle of 1921 blanco :(

#27 Randi

Randi

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

:blush: Well I would be drinking JCRF and ET Platinum if I could. I bought them and found out a week later I'm preg so I have something to look forward to in a year.

#28 *45*

*45*

• 1,834 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

My singer just picked up an old bottle of El Tesoro from the down town SD, and is bringing it for our gig tonight It's gonna be a good one! :clown:

ps-if anyone wants to join us tonight and catch some real rock bands, we will be at O'Connell's 1310 Morena Blvd. We will go at around 10:30ish, but we'll be hangin out for a while before then, just ask for where the Whole Hog dudes are. I'd be stoked to meet 'ya

#29 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:53 AM

Sat down to watch "A Mighty Wind" with a full snifter of CN blanco.. and about halfway refilled with an ample snifter of Los Abuelos blanco.. MORE heat and fire in the LA... more agave in the CN. More excitement (?) in the LA.. more "smooth" satisfaction in the CN.

This was a "Battle Royale" that was waiting to happen. I'd better drink some more until I get a true overview...
Goodnight!

#30 SILVER

SILVER

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

Sat down to watch "A Mighty Wind" with a full snifter of CN blanco.. and about halfway refilled with an ample snifter of Los Abuelos blanco.. MORE heat and fire in the LA... more agave in the CN. More excitement (?) in the LA.. more "smooth" satisfaction in the CN.

This was a "Battle Royale" that was waiting to happen. I'd better drink some more until I get a true overview...
Goodnight!

The difference and results should be quite clear by now.