• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#61 bpacifica

bpacifica

Transcendent Agave Master

• Agave friends
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

Sorry for the delay cali, and Don check your messages.

Anyone shop on ebay? Are there sellers that some may recomend?
Any horrifying stories?... or happy endings???

I have bought a lot on Ebay and have had very few problems with sellers other than the fact that they will bend you over on just about any purchase. But sometimes they are the only game in town when you really want something special. Good deals are rare.

#62 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

I have bought a number of bottles on eBay. You used to be able to catch a deal sometimes, but not anymore. Tim Carter started when you really could get great deals and great finds. I've networked enough with a few eBay sellers to the point that I go directly to them. I've only had two problems with Tequila seller's on eBay. One, I lost out on $145 dollars, got 25 back after the paypal investigation (that's all he had in his account)

If you order for Victor (VMC) he drops about half his bottles on the floor when getting them down .... nice guy but kinda clumbsy. He'll either refund your money right away or email and ask what you want to do.

Now, let's talk about watches and eBay ... oh boy ... not fun :)

Sorry for the delay cali, and Don check your messages.

Anyone shop on ebay? Are there sellers that some may recomend?
Any horrifying stories?... or happy endings???

#63 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

I am going to hang out with Chekm8 ..... he's looking for a bottle of the expensive Clase Azul AND has friends that consume large quantities of Louis XIII

Happy Endings?!?

Are you talking Ebay or massage parlors?

j/k. I've never purchased alcohol from Ebay but know of someone who routinely buys Luis XIII there with success.

#64 themexicanidol

themexicanidol

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

I bid on some shoes once... they turned out to be fake. Ever since then I have this fear of bidding on Ebay. I gotta get over it though, Ive seen some stuff ive never seen in person or heard about recently and have been tempted to get into it. Suppose I owe it a second chance...
Anyone know how they get past whatever rules/laws that prohibit the sending of alcohol in the mail with out a license? Im guessing they just cross their fingers and do a quick prayer.

Found a place that has Gran Centenario anejo for 30 bucks near pasadena in los angeles if anyone is interested.

#65 chekm8

chekm8

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:40 AM

I am going to hang out with Chekm8 ..... he's looking for a bottle of the expensive Clase Azul AND has friends that consume large quantities of Louis XIII

He always amazes me with what he spends on his regular drinkers. I may splurge from time to time but this guy is relentless for the high end stuff. One of those - it's expensive so it must be the best - kind of guys.

He picked up quite a few bottles of Luis in the last few years for $800-$900 a bottle. I heard through the rumor mill that a lot of it was Katrina booty.

#66 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:29 PM

Wow ... that's a great price. We have one bottle that we bought on a cruise a few years ago for $1100. I think 3-4 drinks are gone. One we shared and 3 given to house visitors .... I just wanted to bottle.

#67 SeattleTequilaKid

SeattleTequilaKid

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

I was lucky enough to find a bottle of Don German on eBay just a week or 2 ago.
I hadn't heard anything about it, just like the bottle. It wasn't cheap either, about 100 bucks shipped.

I wasn't going to open, instead just keep it as a collectors piece but my curiosity got the best of me last night.
I took it over to a friends house.

I thought it was very good! Now I don't want to drink any more of it till I find another bottle. ;)
Tho that won't last, nor will the bottle I have now.

From what I have heard there are 2 bottle styles, one is on pocotequila.com ( http://www.pocotequi.../dongerman.html )
But I have the other. Pic attached.
Attached File  Picture_2.png   110.2KB   48 downloads

Anyone know where to get more of this?

STK

#68 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

I was lucky enough to find a bottle of Don German on eBay just a week or 2 ago.
I hadn't heard anything about it, just like the bottle. It wasn't cheap either, about 100 bucks shipped.

I wasn't going to open, instead just keep it as a collectors piece but my curiosity got the best of me last night.
I took it over to a friends house.

I thought it was very good! Now I don't want to drink any more of it till I find another bottle. ;)
Tho that won't last, nor will the bottle I have now.

From what I have heard there are 2 bottle styles, one is on pocotequila.com ( http://www.pocotequi.../dongerman.html )
But I have the other. Pic attached.
Attached File  Picture_2.png   110.2KB   48 downloads

Anyone know where to get more of this?

STK

So far the only place you are going to find Don German is on Ebay
the bottle you got is probably the latest version of Don German i have the one 2
they are more versions out there i dont know how many to be honest i have 4 different ones
2 short bottles and 2 long ones but all 4 are different

#69 SeattleTequilaKid

SeattleTequilaKid

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:38 AM

the bottle you got is probably the latest version of Don German i have the one 2
they are more versions out there i dont know how many to be honest i have 4 different ones

Are the 4 equally good although different?

The one I have is delightful.
I will certainly sip mine slowly as I find it quite wonderful.
And will definitely be looking out for more.

Is it not available in Mexico??

I did hear that the NOM it came from is no longer listed in the CRT.
Is this true? Is it a dying bread?

STK

#70 SeattleTequilaKid

SeattleTequilaKid

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:47 AM

STK

Oh. the NOM of the bottle I have is 1173 which is not the same as the one listed on pocotequila.com

#71 jim

jim

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:47 AM

Wow ... that's a great price. We have one bottle that we bought on a cruise a few years ago for $1100. I think 3-4 drinks are gone. One we shared and 3 given to house visitors .... I just wanted to bottle.

louis X111 is $900 a bottle at the duty free store in ST thomas

#72 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

Very impressive -- mexicanidol -- if I may call you that. I'll hit you up for more information in about 2 weeks. Maybe I need to butter you up in advance?

As for the Centinela 3 Year -- I am planning to ship Wichie (who lives in Canada) some tequila later in the year -- so again, if you are willing to divulge that info when I head down to LA -- I'd be happy to pick him up a bottle. Yeah, I'd probably get more than one.....

Very, very impressive.

Sigh... I hate to say this but I dont like to divulge info. ( I used to hunt and collect vinyl records, and i have basically applied the same practice to tequila)... Let me know what your looking for and if i have it on file ill get it for you, and charge you gas money and lunch. BTW... the other day I got a three-pack of 04 cuervo reserves, still in the shipping box. Kinda cool cuz of the cardboard box it's in.
Let me know!

Wow!...I know a guy who could be your twin seperated at birth! He's been a close friend of mine for almost 20 years yet to this day, will not tell a soul where he comes up with these deals he's always getting. He'll show up with a bottle of Quita Penas Repo saying "Oh yeah, got a deal on a case and decided to bring one over." (Now, THAT'S a buddy). He'll share it with you, he'll leave the half empty bottle, he'll tell you how much he paid (you'll hear about at least three times) but he will NOT under any circumstances, no matter how ploughed over he gets...tell you where he got it.

#73 SILVER

SILVER

• Agave friends
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

[ He'll show up with a bottle of Quita Penas Repo saying "Oh yeah, got a deal on a case and decided to bring one over." (Now, THAT'S a buddy). [/quote]
Different kind, but, I guess that would fall under the definition of buddy.

#74 TEPLimey

TEPLimey

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:21 AM

Are the 4 equally good although different?

The one I have is delightful.
I will certainly sip mine slowly as I find it quite wonderful.
And will definitely be looking out for more.

Is it not available in Mexico??

STK

I have had a lot of trouble finding much information about this tequila. I have a bottle at home that I purchased at a bar/restaurant called Casa De Tequila in Puerto Vallarta about 3 years ago, but haven't seen it since. I have one of the "tall" versions of the bottle, but it is distinct from the one pictured above. I haven't tried it in a few months, but I selected it after doing a head-to-head tasting at the bar, so it must have been tasty. I think I will have to sample it again in the near future...

#75 DrDoug

DrDoug

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

I know that searching for Jose Cuervo de la familia bottles/boxes is like the holy grail for some people...but I'm joining the "Quest". While I know ebay is the best source for finding these bottles/boxes there has to be other ways as well. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or offers? Thanks in advance.

#76 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

I know that searching for Jose Cuervo de la familia bottles/boxes is like the holy grail for some people...but I'm joining the "Quest". While I know ebay is the best source for finding these bottles/boxes there has to be other ways as well. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or offers? Thanks in advance.

That's a tough one. The wisecrack answers would be along the lines of: marry a Cuervo family member, frequent estate sales, or steal it. Realistically, it's difficult to find it retail, though there have been three recent accounts that I recall reading, from folks in CA and AZ.

eBay is probably the way to go. Expensive, sure. You could also find other collectible bottles for trade bait with forum members -- but you'd have to get some good stuff, and get lucky to make a connection.

I myself felt compelled to collect them all. I only need one more, but have lost some enthusiasm for the project. I pretty much know what I'd do once I got it -- sell the whole freaking mess the next time I needed money.

So I guess there's an idea for you -- find me a 1999, sell it to me, and wait for me to either lose my job or need money for my kids' education. I don't mind being part of your solution, as long as you don't do the stealing thing I mentioned.

#77 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

So I guess there's an idea for you -- find me a 1999, sell it to me, and wait for me to either lose my job or need money for my kids' education. I don't mind being part of your solution, as long as you don't do the stealing thing I mentioned.

Ballard has four or five JCRF at the moment...I know for sure he's got a '97 and a 2000. After that, I'm fuzzy...I don't think he's willing to part with any, but he'll more than likely give up the source...

...just my 0.02

#78 ballard

ballard

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 863 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Ballard has four or five JCRF at the moment...I know for sure he's got a '97 and a 2000. After that, I'm fuzzy...I don't think he's willing to part with any, but he'll more than likely give up the source...

...just my 0.02

1997, 2000, 2004, 2005 is what I have now. Each one was bought at a different liquor store and each one was the only JCRF in that store. So no source to give up I'm afraid. Looking forward to the end of my 3 week moratorium on liquor store visits so I can start hunting for more of them! :fiesta:

bda

#79 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Im looking for a few bottles of Aficionado Extra aged and Silver so far i found a liquor store in
Boston Ma that has some of this in sotck :D
bad part is they dont want to ship to California :angry2:
if any body knows of a place that still carries Aficionado Tequila and they will ship in or to California
please let me know

#80 bpacifica

bpacifica

• Agave friends
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

Im looking for a few bottles of Aficionado Extra aged and Silver so far i found a liquor store in
if any body knows of a place that still carries Aficionado Tequila and they will ship in or to California
please let me know

DC - Try Vendome Liquor in Fullerton, Ca. Don't know web site or contact, but I have purchased Aficianado from them. I will check stock next time I am in the area. It is pretty good tequila. The anejo is very similar to Don Fulano Imperial. Essence of cinnamon and spice for half the price. Maybe I should become a poet.... I will check it out for you compadre....Salud.

#81 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

please let me know

DC - Try Vendome Liquor in Fullerton, Ca. Don't know web site or contact, but I have purchased Aficianado from them. I will check stock next time I am in the area. It is pretty good tequila. The anejo is very similar to Don Fulano Imperial. Essence of cinnamon and spice for half the price. Maybe I should become a poet.... I will check it out for you compadre....Salud.

BP the website is been in construction for over a year and when you search for Tequila only one bottle comes out
i cant remember which one.
please next time you are in that are check for me
about been a poet hey why not :D you all ready got the Tequila for inspiration :P

#82 Lippy

Lippy

Agave Olympian

• Agave friends
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:57 AM

++ Looking Looking ++

Don Fernando Silver (NOM 1115 only)

Anybody got a line on this? Gotone you wanna trade/sell?

#83 Tequila Joe

Tequila Joe

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

++ Looking Looking ++

Lippy,

I sent you some info on possibly tracking one of these down.

#84 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Lip

I will have andrew look. I think we have this one. I'll call him and see if we do .... whatcha got that you want to trade?

++ Looking Looking ++

#85 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

If any body comes across a bottle of Mi Viejo 375ml or 750ml or both please let me know
i can trade or buy........

#86 Tequila Joe

Tequila Joe

Agave Paladin

• Agave friends
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:21 PM

If any body comes across a bottle of Mi Viejo 375ml or 750ml or both please let me know

I have not come across a bottle of it for sale in a while but if you ever want to drink it the Davis Grad in Davis, CA has it for sale by the shot.

#87 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

I have not come across a bottle of it for sale in a while but if you ever want to drink it the Davis Grad in Davis, CA has it for sale by the shot.

Thanks for the info TJ

#88 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

Clue me in on Mi Viejo DC...are you after a blanco, repo or an anejo? What's the NOM?

#89 Tonga

Tonga

• Agave friends
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

Clue me in on Mi Viejo DC...are you after a blanco, repo or an anejo? What's the NOM?

Found one here:

http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=6&am...165763!1285

#90 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:56 PM

Found one here:

http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=6&am...165763!1285

Tonga thanks for the tip but the bottle im looking for is NOM 1107 Tequila del Viejito
the one you found is a new version they have silver reposado and anejo the old original version was only available in anejo 375 ml and 750 ml

Attached Files