• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#31 doctoragave

doctoragave

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

I got my bottles, both at Hi Times. I paid a little more for the Rey Sol than I wanted, but I wanted it and I was already in the midst of 1k tequila purchase (not all me, I've become the Hi Times shipping department for out of state forum members!!)

Shhhhh!!!!!!!!! Don't tell anyone about it! :o

You wouldn't want to have those enforcer guys from FedEx to show and ask for their "cut." :lmao:

#32 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

Transcendent Agave Master

• 1,172 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

Well, since they are the one's that slapped Hi Time's hands .... they don't have a right to their cut!!! Besides, I'm not using them to ship the bottles out anyway!

I got my bottles, both at Hi Times. I paid a little more for the Rey Sol than I wanted, but I wanted it and I was already in the midst of 1k tequila purchase (not all me, I've become the Hi Times shipping department for out of state forum members!!)

You wouldn't want to have those enforcer guys from FedEx to show and ask for their "cut." :lmao:

#33 kokopeli

kokopeli

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:13 PM

Well, since they are the one's that slapped Hi Time's hands .... they don't have a right to their cut!!! Besides, I'm not using them to ship the bottles out anyway!

Nah, can't have been Fed Ex - they're the ones who delivered my Shopper's Vineyard order last month (including your two bottles, Doc B) ) after Hi Time stopped shipping.

I'll happily give a cut to anyone shipping to Ohio - the delivery folks are always welcome to help me enjoy the shipment! :drink:

#34 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

The story I got, in the store, was ....

Someone reported to UPS and Federal Express that HiTime's was shipping Liquor .... maybe it was Mission Liquours lol. Both vendors had to act on the complaint and began opening random boxes. Unfortunately, some of those random boxes contained alcohol, not wine or beer or even tea and coffee.

They are in the process of working out a deal with both.

Regards

#35 Vange

Vange

• Agave friends
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:15 PM

I like to use USPS to ship "very rare and collectible bottles" since I think there are more hard up for the business since FedEx and UPS joined the marketplace.

#36 Mike Morales

Mike Morales

Agave Olympian

• 3,439 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

The story I got, in the store, was ....

Someone reported to UPS and Federal Express that HiTime's was shipping Liquor .... maybe it was Mission Liquours lol.

This could very well be true, or...

It was a disgruntled employee! :growl:

#37 kokopeli

kokopeli

Jimador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:30 PM

Or a disgruntled family member not happy about the volume of deliveries! :lmao:

The sad thing is that I'm not sure Hi Times can just simply work out a deal with the shipping companies since the problem is likely with state liquor laws that control (and vary state to state). If you look at Mission Liquors' shipping policy, they ship to some states, but not others. (Wine is different, thanks to a 2005 Supreme Court decision that forced numerous states to revise their alcohol laws - hence why Mission will ship wine to Ohio but only wine).

Other online stores don't list states specifically, just that they ship "where legal." I'd guess Fed Ex and UPS don't want to get caught in the middle or have to be the ones to figure out when the same package can be shipped legit to one state but not to another state - it may just be simpler for the shipping companies to say "no shipments, period" rather than risk it (hmmm...grandpa's stories about running moonshine keep coming to mind... <_< )

I doubt it's the "signature required by a person over-21" issue, otherwise wine shipments would have the same problems.

And so as to keep this thread on topic, I'll make the following wish - if anyone on the forum ever has reason to travel to Ohio, let me know in advance if you're willing to stop by your local liquor store on your way out of town. :P

#38 Randi

Randi

Keen sipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

Cali - have a sip of that Rey Sol for me. Just found out I'm pregnant - it is wonderful but boy do I miss my tequila already!

#39 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

Heres my wish list for this moment in time......
Posted Image

I think this one was made at Cofradia, and I am lookin for anything from them.

Posted Image

This is one by Arette, I would like to get my hands on this one as well....

Posted Image

The coveted first edition Repo from Casa Noble. I had a chance to buy a bottle of this in my Tequila infancy and I still regret it from time to time....

Posted Image

And Finally the big daddy of them all a 3L bottle of the Arrette Repo Suave this one would make Laura and me both happy, but I may have to wait unit I am in Mexico again.

So thats my current wish list.

#40 DON CESAR

DON CESAR

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

My wish list are
Alcatraz Anejo
Alcatraz Reposado
Del padre Tequila
if any body knows where i can get them
please let me know

#41 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:54 PM

Well i can scratch CNG off my list thanks to SD trip (joven).

Heres my updated Realistic List..... somewhat......

Lapis Anejo, Older the better one with the old "Lapiz" bottling would be excellent but I'm won't pay crazy prices......

Posted Image

Casta Brava

Posted Image

El Tersoro Repo Low on my list but would like to confirm that it is the weak link I have heard(but still better then most.)

Posted Image

Old bottle El Tersoro aka white label.... any!

Posted Image

Simbra azul Blanco Or Repo but I think I want to try the repo first.

Chinaco AnejoOld or new, old would be cooler though.

Chinaco XA Negro

Chinaco Blanco

Pepe Vinoria Reposado Mostly for the bottle but I am sure the contents are decent.

Don Fulano Metals

Any Regular DF B,R,A

Casta Pasion/Weber Anejo

Rey Sol

Posted Image

Penca Azul Blanco

Carmessi Reposado

Posted Image

Caballo Moro Anejo

D Los Altos Reposado

Centinela Anejo 3 Anos

Posted Image

FE Blanco

Los Abuelos Blanco B)

#42 jim

jim

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

nice list, most of it is available will keep you in mind on my vegas trip , i scored on the white label ET on the lobster bus, 45 knows the store

#43 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

Me too... I was there! Thanks for remembering me Jim I sat across the table from You and your lovely wife. :clown: Its ok we're the quiet Canadians..... ;)

Attached File  small.jpg   52.17KB   53 downloads

I did not notice the white label in the store, it was a bit of pandemonium in that place. We picked up a bottle of Casa Noble Joven and Arette Suave Repo( would have rather got something else but our bottle from the March trip was almost gone and its Lauras Fav)

Nothing on my list is available in Ontario or maybe even Canada for that matter, so thats why my list has allot of stuff that is readily available to the USA as it is not here. :( And if it was it would be at least 3 X as much...... :fire:

#44 jim

jim

Knight of the Blue Agave

• Agave friends
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:14 PM

i do remember you, i got my cng there also, huge store but i don't remember where it was exactly, too much tequila for breakfast i think

#45 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yeah I wasn't at my best at that point either....... things where a little hazy by then. :D

#46 Iron Chef

Iron Chef

• Agave friends
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

Yeah I wasn't at my best at that point either....... things where a little hazy by then. :D

Keep in mind there is a difference between the ETA white label mexican bottling and the white label american bottling. The white label american bottling is potentially much older and as some have described quite exceptional (I have a bottle but it remains unopened). The bottle change (as I understand the story was a marketing thing for the American market/distributor) the old bottling was continued in Mexico (this is the short version and many know more details than I). From what I have heard the older batches of the anejo in the old label american bottling are exceptional... not sure how to identify the older batches in Mexico but when I see an american bottling with the old label I buy it! I also buy the newer bottles B) :t_up: cause it is a really great tequila :t_up:

BTW, any tasting notes on the CN Joven? I have not opened mine but there is about 3 inches of empty space in the neck of the bottle... was not sure if some spilled out... evaporation or?? Look forward to your notes on the taste. Regards,
Tim

#47 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

I think the best people for that is Lirubis and Silver. I have a open bottle of gold and I find it light and dry and full of Agave.

My bottle of Joven leaked a bit on the way home. :( Not too much though.

BTW, any tasting notes on the CN Joven? I have not opened mine but there is about 3 inches of empty space in the neck of the bottle... was not sure if some spilled out... evaporation or?? Look forward to your notes on the taste. Regards,
Tim

#48 Vange

Vange

• Agave friends
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:39 AM

I have 2 ETA-WL left

https://67.83.64.207...a.nsf/eta-white

If I see more I'll grab them and post them for sale or trade up here

#49 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:46 AM

*45 and I were able to score some ET- Silver's at the TJ Tequila Expo last month for a rather nice price. I think it was $16 bucks a piece. We were sitting at our table outside the cockfighting ring sipping our Los Abuelos when one of his band members walked over with a bottle in his hand. I don't think I've ever moved so fast in my life ...... I literally ran to the booth that was selling it. There were only two bottles left. I thought about buying both, but I knew Krys wasn't far behind. He showed about a minute later and grabbed the last bottle. He located that puppy from 100 feet away :)

If anyone is interested in the name/location of the store, PM me. If I like you, I will tell you where it is :) It's more interesting when you are sober too .... especially over in the 'office' area :) I hestitate to post it here only because we tequila addicts are protective about our sources and I don't want random people on the web getting the addy :)

#50 Wichie13

Wichie13

Agave Olympian

• Admin/Moderator
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:20 AM

Damn I wished I lived in SD.... save us some for next year guys, how about we stop on the way down when my head is clear.......more so. :clown:

#51 themexicanidol

themexicanidol

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

Does anyone have any extra JCRF bottles they want to trade... ??
Looking for 95, 96, 98-03

#52 anejo

anejo

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:43 PM

I just opened one of my 2 bottles of CNG that i found a couple of weeks ago and it seems pretty hot and peppery to me. Is this what you guys/gals mean when you say it has a good agave taste? Tequila in its purist form ?

#53 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

I'm casually lookin' for Arette Gran Clase. I have numerous combinations of bottles I could trade for it -- Penca Azul, Arette artesenal blanco and/or reposado, and so forth....

#54 themexicanidol

themexicanidol

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

I'm casually lookin' for Arette Gran Clase. I have numerous combinations of bottles I could trade for it -- Penca Azul, Arette artesenal blanco and/or reposado, and so forth....

I saw that one at mission liquors the other day.... I may have convinced someone to get me that one for my birthday we will see. Hopefuly all the hint dropping works out.
You should make a stop to the store when your out here don.. its a real treat. Not just their tequila selection, but every spirit... tons of minis too.
Dont remember how much I saw it for, but it was right next to the rey sol on the top shelf all the way to the left.

#55 themexicanidol

themexicanidol

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

Well i can scratch CNG off my list thanks to SD trip (joven).

Heres my updated Realistic List..... somewhat......

Lapis Anejo, Older the better one with the old "Lapiz" bottling would be excellent but I'm won't pay crazy prices......

I saw this one at a liquor store in mid city LA. The guy said it wasnt for sale, but i think if you push him you can get him to sell. Let me know if you want to know where it is...

El Tersoro Repo[/b] Low on my list but would like to confirm that it is the weak link I have heard(but still better then most.)

Theres a place that has this one buy my house for 42. Again, for more details PM me .. Same goes for any white label el tesoro.

Chinaco Blanco[/b]

I got bottle 1768 of the older olive oil bottles with a green label.

Rey Sol[/b]

Penca Azul Blanco

Carmessi Reposado

D Los Altos Reposado
FE Blanco

Mission has all these in the store...

Centinela Anejo 3 Anos[/b]

Theres a store that has tons of these, dusty and hidden away behind the counter and out of sight...

Where are you located wichie?

#56 don Pablo

don Pablo

• Agave friends
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:42 AM

Very impressive -- mexicanidol -- if I may call you that. I'll hit you up for more information in about 2 weeks. Maybe I need to butter you up in advance?

As for the Centinela 3 Year -- I am planning to ship Wichie (who lives in Canada) some tequila later in the year -- so again, if you are willing to divulge that info when I head down to LA -- I'd be happy to pick him up a bottle. Yeah, I'd probably get more than one.....

Very, very impressive.

#57 themexicanidol

themexicanidol

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

Very impressive -- mexicanidol -- if I may call you that. I'll hit you up for more information in about 2 weeks. Maybe I need to butter you up in advance?

As for the Centinela 3 Year -- I am planning to ship Wichie (who lives in Canada) some tequila later in the year -- so again, if you are willing to divulge that info when I head down to LA -- I'd be happy to pick him up a bottle. Yeah, I'd probably get more than one.....

Very, very impressive.

Sigh... I hate to say this but I dont like to divulge info. ( I used to hunt and collect vinyl records, and i have basically applied the same practice to tequila)... Let me know what your looking for and if i have it on file ill get it for you, and charge you gas money and lunch. BTW... the other day I got a three-pack of 04 cuervo reserves, still in the shipping box. Kinda cool cuz of the cardboard box it's in.
Let me know!

#58 CaliTequilaSipperGirl

CaliTequilaSipperGirl

• 1,172 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

Most of us aren't willing to divulge our sources ...... Don't think Vange would have divulged that Tap XA, except that he needed someone's help to figure out if that's what it was or not :)
It's like you don't want anyone to know where your booty is.

I live in Fresno .... I can absolutely tell you we have no freakin hidden jems, except for our house!
I have been to EVERY liquor store in town and haven't found anything interesting.

Now answer your darn PM from me, you goof :)

Very, very impressive.

Sigh... I hate to say this but I dont like to divulge info. ( I used to hunt and collect vinyl records, and i have basically applied the same practice to tequila)... Let me know what your looking for and if i have it on file ill get it for you, and charge you gas money and lunch. BTW... the other day I got a three-pack of 04 cuervo reserves, still in the shipping box. Kinda cool cuz of the cardboard box it's in.
Let me know!

#59 themexicanidol

themexicanidol

Tequilero

• Agave friends
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Sorry for the delay cali, and Don check your messages.

Anyone shop on ebay? Are there sellers that some may recomend?
Any horrifying stories?... or happy endings???

#60 chekm8

chekm8

Agave Aficionado

• Agave friends
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

Happy Endings?!?

Are you talking Ebay or massage parlors?

j/k. I've never purchased alcohol from Ebay but know of someone who routinely buys Luis XIII there with success.